Job Title: Senior Manager, Display & Paid Social Media
Company: Ovative Group
Location: United States Remote
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About The Role
Digital Marketing is a critical part of every consumer journey, but many companies only measure its impact on their digital outcomes. Our approach to display & paid social media optimization at Ovative Group can’t be found anywhere else. We measure and optimize display and paid social campaigns at the enterprise level, both online and offline. Our clients are household names that span multiple industries, including retail, healthcare, education, CPG, and hospitality.
The Ovative Group Sr. Manager, Display and Paid Social Media position is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to take the next step in a leadership role at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success. The ideal candidate demonstrates great critical thinking, sophisticated understanding of the digital media landscape, phenomenal client management, and inspiring team leadership. Their role will play a pivotal role in helping Ovative continue our journey toward measuring and optimizing paid media to the true enterprise impact, not solely ecommerce impacts.
Responsibilities Of a Display & Paid Social Senior Manager
- Unparalleled client relationship management:
- Manage and grow the overall relationship and performance of some of Ovative Group’s largest clients
- Lead day-to-day management of client display and paid social programs including:
- Clearly defining program objectives, tactics and KPIs
- Developing and delivering client communication
- Build display-specific and paid social-specific strategies for clients
- Lead tactical planning and execution, including segmentation build-out, optimization approaches, and testing roadmaps
- Effectively manage & grow client relationship and establish trust and credibility
- Effectively influence client stakeholders to evolve strategies and measurement approach to drive enterprise impact through display and paid social channels
Team leadership and employee development:
- Driving strategic channel capabilities forward and owning key solution area accountabilities
- Support staffing strategy and help recruit, train and manage new Ovative team members
- Foster a culture of open communication and 360-degree feedback
- Inspire your direct reports to reach their quarterly, annual, and long-term goals
Cross-functional strategy & thought leadership:
- Act as a subject matter expert for Display & Paid Social Media strategies (e.g. banner, mobile, social, digital radio, video) by continually evolving Ovative’s approach to best practices, vetting and partnering with new technology companies, managing planning and execution tools, and staying on top of emerging trends
- Develop and drive forward multi-channel digital media strategies and roadmaps aligned with client program growth goals
- Support higher level, cross-functional marketing strategy projects by providing deep media expertise
- Understand and find synergies across digital channels within the client mix in partnership with other team members
Performance media management & execution:
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of client display and paid social media programs including:
- Campaign planning, strategy and plan documentation
- Campaign tactics and segmentation build-out and optimization
- Algorithmic bid platform and manual bidding strategy and optimization
- Test ideation, planning, and management
- Custom analysis, reporting and insights
- Creative management and trafficking execution
- Site and inventory management
- Manage privacy and evolving do-not-track trends directly, or in partnership with, other media partners
- Strategic partner management
- 8+ years of experience directly responsible for enterprise-wide display and/or paid social programs
- 4+ years of experience managing a team with direct reports
- Great communication and extensive client management experience (internal or external)
- Proven track record of success driving strong positive results through display and paid social channels
- Proven mastery of the following:
- Performance-based, direct response marketing programs
- Execution with platform UIs and ad serving / ad tech (DSPs, Facebook Business Manager, Google Display, etc.)
- External partner management
- Sound conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong digital agency experience or digital lead on the client-side
- Previous experience in performance marketing, retail, eCommerce, etc.
- Bid technology platform experience
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Senior Manager positions, our compensation ranges from $111,000 to $186,000, which is inclusive of a 25% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group:
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace five years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
Flexible paid vacation policy
401k match program
Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!