Job Title: Senior Digital and Social Media Strategist
Company: Syneos Health
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Digital and Social Media Strategist will lead the development of insight driven digital and social media engagement strategies for assigned healthcare clients and new business development. He/she will be a primary day-to-day client contact and manage digital and social media account teams, efficiently servicing each of these accounts simultaneously. As a member of the Digital & Social Strategy team, you will:
- Collaborate with account teams to conceptualize and execute digital and social media programs for several healthcare clients
- Be a resourceful, energetic individual who is a creative problem solver
- Work independently to complete discrete pieces of larger projects and deliver client-ready work to account teams
- Review analytics and compile monthly metrics reports
- Possess a deep curiosity about the latest trends in social media and digital marketing
- Lead the digital and social strategy aspects for a number of client accounts, including building strategic digital and social media communications plans and integrated campaigns, with expertise in research/insights, strategy, positioning, channel/content planning, deployment, and measurement
- Understand a client’s business goal and objectives and clearly communicate the connection between digital and social media recommendations and client business goals; provide sound business justification for investment (based on market trends, audience insights, past campaign data, and past experience)
- Research and stay up-to-date on digital and social media trends, platforms, developments, vendors
- Cultivate relations with leading digital and social media platforms
- Serve as the subject matter expert on engagement and digital trends
- Manage account teams, mentor colleagues and facilitate cross-team collaboration and learning
- Ensure strong partnerships throughout Syneos Health and alignment with overall digital and social media strategy and execution
- Generate results that have a positive, measurable impact on the bottom line
- Develop and review content for online editorial calendars
- Help to develop paid social media strategies and execute across all relevant channels
- Leverage trends in social media, inside and outside the health industry, to team and clients
- Prepare engagement and measurement reports for clients
- Work within the Digital & Social Strategy Practice to further develop capabilities and efficiencies
- Participate in team brainstorms to discuss how social media insights translate into actionable client recommendations
8+ years of experience (including healthcare/pharma experience) as a senior leader in a similar practice, group, or function
- Agency experience
- Strong ability to deliver persuasive, evidence-based counsel that wins over C-suite executives who have limited time
- Comfort working in cross-functional teams and interacting with different people on a daily basis (including clients)
- Maintain and keep abreast of current and emerging digital and social media technology + platforms, particularly the implications in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of and experience with the rules and regulations that govern pharma marketing
- An energetic team player with a collaborative spirit and the ability to influence and unify the direct team, peers, and interact effectively as a strategic partner with senior agency management
- Experience developing content calendars and assets, with knowledge of individual social platforms and their requirements (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience in website development process and/or project management a plus
- Experience implementing and managing paid social media campaigns a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Experience with social platform promotion and metrics tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn analytics, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Twitter Insights, Twitter Ads, etc.)
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $170,000 to $200,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. In addition, some positions may include eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and / or individual performance.
At Syneos Health Public Relations, the possibilities are infinite. Because of our “no walls, no limits” philosophy and entrepreneurial spirit, our employees have the opportunity and potential to work on projects beyond their years of experience. The only limitations here are those that are self-imposed, and we make sure to reward staff based on talent, not title.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos Health complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.