Job Title: Senior Communications Specialist/ Senior Social Media Specialist
Company: VSP Vision Care United States Remote
Location: United States Remote
With minimal supervision, lead the development and implementation of strategic and highly complex integrated communications programs across multiple external audiences.
- Develop and execute effective and integrated communication plans, including strategies and tactics across all channels, and leveraging all communication opportunities.
- Responsible for communication management for projects involving high priority, major company strategic initiatives, and/or significant changes to existing marketing and communication strategies.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects, requiring outside resources and crossing divisions to produce the most effective communications.
- Responsible for strategic communication oversight and recommending ongoing enhancements for assigned audience, program(s), or channel(s).
- Serve as a communication strategist and consult with corporate and division partners to develop strategies, key messages, and vehicles for communication to support corporate, division, and project objectives.
- Lead and/or participate in project meetings. Proactively and openly articulate ideas and concerns with both corporate and project stakeholders, while balancing the objectives of both groups.
- Evaluate the impact of different communication channels and messaging strategies to ensure effective communications.
- Serve as account manager between creative teams and business partners. Initiate and manage creative strategy work, including some direct content development.
- Understand and leverage communication touch points for assigned audiences and/or projects.
- Ensure market positioning and approved key messages are adhered to.
- Manage communication projects, including tracking, reporting status, project budgets and measurement of tactics.
- Analyze processes and strategies relating to increasing efficiency, quality, cost-control principles, workflow, accuracy, and reduction of complex production processes and products, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Advise and recommend effective communication approaches.
- Write and edit copy for various communication pieces.
- Manage various communication processes and workflows.
- Work with the manager, and recommend tactical assignments of work for other team members to support strategic communication needs.
Typically Has The Following Skills Or Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related experience
- Four years experience in related communications work for a variety of mediums and customizing content to targeted audiences
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
- Proficient in word processing and desktop publishing applications
- Experience in creating social media strategies and content management
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.
- Proven track record of growing and retaining social audiences.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and paid social ads
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
Compensation range for the role is listed below. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding VSP Vision benefits, please click here.
$60,000 - $103,500
VSP Vision is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
As a regular part of doing business, VSP Vision (“VSP”) collects many different types of personal information, including protected health information, about our audiences, including members, doctors, clients, brokers, business partners, and employees. VSP Vision employees will have access to this sensitive personal information and are subject to follow Information Security and Privacy Policies.