Scaling with LinkedIn Video (Ed Troxell)

Ed Troxell

Learn how to scale with video on LinkedIn so that you can attract, nurture and close more deals.

How awesome would it be if you could open your inbox and find messages from leads who want to work with you?

How about messages from connections on LinkedIn who thought about you and wants to refer you to one of their contacts?

How would that make you feel—and what would that do for your business?

Hi, Ed Troxell here…I’m a video coach & online marketing expert teaching mission-driven real estate agents and solopreneurs how to show up on video for their social media and marketing so they can attract more qualified leads and close more deals—without feeling icky about it.

Today we are going to talk about how you can scale your business online with video—don’t run yet, the goods are coming up!

Now, before we dive any further, I do want to mention that this is going to be an interactive experience—meaning, don’t just consume this information, engage with it by messaging me over on LinkedIn so that we can have a real, two-way, conversation here. I promise it will be worth your time. After all, we are talking about SOCIAL media, right?

By the way, everything we talk about today can be applied to whichever social media network you show up on, but for our purposes we will focus on LinkedIn.

LinkedIn use to be a stuffy platform—there, I said it!

In the past, LinkedIn has been known as a very “professional” side of social media where professionals go to find and post jobs. That has changed over the years, more specifically this last year.

LinkedIn has branched out, and has become the more professional version of Facebook.

Every day more professionals on LinkedIn are stepping outside their comfort zone, loosening up, and showcasing their more creative side—really allowing their personalities to shine—which is awesome.

We live in a time where consumers are more tech savvy and are willing to research before they buy—in fact, pre-pandemic, 97% of consumers went online to find a local business or local service.

I personally estimate that now, 99% go online and research before ever contacting you—which is why it’s so important to have an online presence, use social media networks like LinkedIn, and record videos so people can get to know you better.

Here’s a great example of this:

One of my clients, a real estate agent who uses video in her marketing efforts on social media, recently shared with me that a gentleman had called and left her a message. When she called him back she introduced herself and the gentleman freaked out (in a good way). He couldn’t believe that he was speaking to THE Agent who he wanted to work with.

Why?

Turns out, the gentleman had watched all her videos, felt connected to her, and knew he wanted to work with her—all before she even got on the phone with him! That’s what I like to call The Video Advantage.

By the way, it should be noted that the majority of people who reach out to you saying something similar to the example above are probably people who have never liked, commented, or even shared your posts. This is very common, which is why it’s important for you to still show up even if you think no one is watching—because they are (creepy, I know).

As a professional, you know that people want to do business with people they know, like, and trust. How do you build that trust and keep those relationships going?

By showing up (ideally on video), delivering something of value, and taking the time to engage with your audience.

That’s the secret to scaling and maintaining your business online.

Did you know that over 80% of ALL internet traffic in 2022 will be video—all internet traffic. Not only that, every social media platform wants video content from us, even LinkedIn.

Here are 4 ways you can embrace video on LinkedIn:

1. Post a video to your feed (e.g. “Top 3 Tips To Boost Your LinkedIn Posts”);
  2. Write a LinkedIn article and bring it to life by recording a video version of it, upload the video to YouTube (now you are present on 2 platforms, go you!), and include the YouTube video link in your LinkedIn article so that viewers can see and read your post;
  3. Add a video introducing yourself to your profile photo (called a Profile Video);
  4. Send a private video message to one of your connections on LinkedIn (ask me more about this when you message me over on LinkedIn!).

Now, I’m sure a few things are running through your head right now:

• I don’t have time to record videos
  • I don’t like the way I sound or look on video
  • I’m too old

Stop. Stop the negative self talk right now.

You are who you are and there is no changing that—listen, I should see the same person on video as I would if we met in person, right?

Embrace who you are, my friend.

You see, the biggest thing holding you back from recording your videos is you.

It’s not your camera equipment (although you probably thought it was, and bought some expensive gear that is now sitting in the closet).

it’s not finding a place to record your videos (tip: filming in the car typically gets the most attention).

And it’s not having a polished look (the less polished, the better).

Stop worrying about the gear & tech stuff, and start focusing on shifting your mindset, because that is the real equipment that you need—outside of your phone.

I will leave you with a simple 3-step framework for scaling your business with video:

• Plan out what you want to talk about
  • Record your videos
  • Share your videos on social media

Ed Troxell @EdTroxell
I’m a Video and Online Marketing Coach for mission-driven Real Estate Agents & Solopreneurs – teaching them how to show up on video for their social media and marketing so they can attract more qualified leads and close more deals.
I’m all about promoting a more positive video experience that allows us all to show up more comfortably online.

Tell Us Below:

Are you using video on LinkedIn? How?

3 Likes

A good reminder to be braver with videos on LinkedIn! Thanks @EdTroxell :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I had heard mixed emotions about video on LinkedIn but maybe its changing! Great article Ed.

2 Likes

:clap: Yes, and really anywhere that you show up online as it makes a bigger impact. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.

2 Likes

Thank you Kaz! :slight_smile:

I’d be interested to hear more about what you’ve heard as I’m always curious how people are embracing (or not lol) video. I know for some industries it can be very challenging given their restrictions on what they can and can not say online. Feel free to privately message me if you like and thank you for taking the time to comment as I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

I had just heard (no real data that I saw anyways) that video did not have a lot of reach in LinkedIn.

I think video can definitely be so powerful.

2 Likes

Great tips to just get yourself out there. When it comes to LinkedIn I do find that more informative content works best - great tips or topics that encourage conversation. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really inspired after watching Ed share his insights…so much so that I sent him a video DM in LinkedIn! I also love the tip about adding a video to a blog post/article. Using video is effective because it taps the audio and visual senses and helps build credibility.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: thank you for sharing Judi! Your video message on LinkedIn made my whole day!

1 Like

@judihays @EdTroxell I’m so excited by this whole message!!! The power of the Mission!!!

Love seeing people learn things…and help each other!