Removing clients' pages from FB profile

Good day, Sir/Ma’am.
I’ve been trying to remove pages I set-up for clients from my facebook profile.
I’ve removed myself from access to their page, but it still bugs me that I can’t get them from my actual profile.
You know how you login to FB, right? I’ve removed them from there…

But now, I want to remove them from my profile altogether. Oddly enough, one client still hasn’t even created herself a personal page for me to friend her THEN remove myself… but she’s been warned and has accepted that as her fate (biggest red blob).
delete from page

Any suggestions for how to remove those pages from under my profile?
Creative Hobbies has a page, we are friends, I revoked my access, but it’s still there :face_with_peeking_eye: :thinking:

1 Like

Man, they couldn’t have made this tougher! I hope one of our @Facebook_Experts has any ideas.

I’ve been looking for a solution for ya.

1 Like

I can only piece this together - maybe you still have access to those pages, have you tried going into them? Even if you said you removed yourself, maybe you still have access to it at another level?

Here’s my pieces:

The link above states that:

Keep in mind: Only people with Facebook access to the Page can switch into it on Facebook.

Which would lead me to believe that it should not be showing for you if you didn’t still have access to some degree.

Here are two more links that just talk about the new pages experience and it’s accesses:

I’m sure that the “new pages” that everyone (from what I’ve read) seems to hate, has caused a lot of trouble.

1 Like

As usual, Kaz, thank you for weighing in!

3 Likes

I hope it gave you something to work with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@eternalkaz is like a personal help desk!! Out of curiosity, @terassahel - do you think the glitch is that you’re not actually removed from accessing the page, or is the glitch that it still shows up as an option to switch to that profile even though you don’t have access?? (What happens when you try to click on the profile of the former pages?)

2 Likes

Hi, @ruthbinman
When I click on the profile of the former pages, it takes me right into the pages. Where I can still see the insights, click on the settings, etc.

2 Likes

If you go to each pages settings do you still see yourself there in the roles? As an admin maybe?

1 Like

No, I don’t see myself there.

This client ‘friended’ me so I could add her to her own page, then I removed myself.
But this client didn’t even have a personal page. She made one but didn’t give me the email she used to sign in so that I could befriend her. Once I gave her my email address to befriend me, she suddenly said that FB locked her out of her account and that she couldn’t even get into FB to submit the friend request :woman_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

If you go to the meta business suite/meta business manager, do you find yourself there? Because I don’t show up in that screenshot you showed either but I do show up in the business suite/business manager.

2 Likes

LOOK AT YOU, Kaz!! That’s it!! :raised_hands:t5: :clap:t5: :facepunch:t5:
This is my personal in the business center, and there sits the page… and the ever-present REMOVE button!!

4 Likes

Hopefully that removed everything for you!

2 Likes

@eternalkaz is the MVP!!

The Best Good Job GIF by Apple TV+

3 Likes

I’m looking at suggestions from @eternalkaz too. I’ve got similar issues but my advertising account was accidentally suspended 3 years ago. Despite a message from FB admitting they’d made a mistake, it still hasn’t been turned back on. One of the consequences is that I can’t remove previous client accounts and I continue to have access and all the associated notifications from them. I ignore most of it but it would be really good to clean up my account and get everything running smoothly again.

2 Likes

I’d guess your best bet would be to try to get a hold of someone in their ads support to try and get your advertising account turned back on.

I’m not sure if the advertising account is connected to the pages setting that Terassah showed earlier. I haven’t tried to remove my accounts but my advertising account is also not active or deactivated (I mean, I haven’t ran ads in forever and they probably added requirements that I have not fixed).

Have you tried it the way Terassah has?

1 Like

I remember someone else (@rachel1) trying to get a hold of ad support and they managed to get to talk to a person thru this link Facebook advertising support | Meta Business Help Centre

1 Like

That happened to me, too, @joanna1 !
I ran political ads for someone in 2019 and that happened.
Since I disputed the disconnect, FB sent me something in the mail to have me verify my ownership.

1 Like

I’ve tried so many times to get hold of someone at FB. Now they’ve removed any contact buttons or options from my account - so I’m stuck. I really do feel FB is a sinking ship!

1 Like

My account now has a notification that their decision is final - even though they previously sent a message admitting to a mistake. They’ve taken away an options to contact FB. :sob:

1 Like

Not sure on the technicalities but could you make a new advertising account instead?

1 Like