Re-Cap of Recent FACEBOOK changes that may effect SM managers

Mari posted this EXCELLENT re-cap of some recent changes to the Facebook environment that might/will impact the work of social media managers and agency owners. I’ll put my thoughts in the comments.

If you are already logged into FB this link will get you to the post (even though currently it says Log in)

1 Like

Mari’s point #1 - RANDOM CONTENT IN YOUR FEED
argh. OK - I understand how it’s important to stay current in the type of formats people like over on TikTok and IG, but from past experience, this will not go over well in some demographics. Other people might not even NOTICE this change as they are so used to seeing random posts from people they don’t even know on other platforms. Right now, I see so many ads that I might not even notice this change.

2 Likes

Mari’s point #2 - PROFESSIONAL MODE for PERSONAL PROFILES
I’m thinking to go ahead and do this. Maybe you’ve already done it? There’s really no “business” reason for me to do this except to test it out. but my clients who are influencers are considering doing this. YOU?

1 Like

Mari’s Point #3 - NEW PAGES EXPERIENCE (NPE)
Well, I’ve been talking about this for a year? I have many thoughts about this - but I think we all just have to get used to it going forward.

1 Like

i just can’t see why they need to keep changing these generally not for the better. It seems more difficult to get to things on the new pages and i’m not a fan of the layout but what can we do - nadda!

1 Like

I’m torn with this - one of the things i didn’t like about early Facebook was the sell and spam and when Pages came along I thought it was great. The early things I loved about Facebook was the connection of humans - and I loved separating work topics from Life. I have lots of connections and my Facebook was built around family and friends initially - and they would celebrate wins I shared but wouldn’t enjoy business stuff all the time. So i rarely use my personal profile for business.
Over the years I’ve seen the rules relax more and more (i still get spammy messages through connections who use their personal profile and although we are friends I hate being part of the buy my stuff messages.
Marketing wise yes it’s an opportunity but human wise I like the separation - where I can happily share a photo of food because I want to !

2 Likes

I feel the same way! When I pop on to Facebook, it’s to see what my community is up to… I’m not necessarily interested in seeing content from pages/accounts that I “may be interested in.” I wish that Zuck would give us the option of using the platform that we as users prefer instead of switching things up on us all the time. Just be Facebook. Lol.

3 Likes