Job Title: Police Communications & Marketing Analyst, Senior
Company: City of Tacoma
Location: Tacoma WA
Are you passionate about creating engaging online content? Do you have a knack for social media and want to make a positive impact in the community? If so, the Tacoma Police Department (TPD) has an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for an insightful, innovative, and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Communications & Marketing Analyst. In this role, you will work closely with a collaborative and creative team to develop informative content for our websites and social media platforms. Your contributions will not only help educate the public about law enforcement, crime prevention, and public safety, but also support our recruitment, outreach, and engagement efforts.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Police, you will play a crucial role in shaping our community engagement strategy. By anticipating public perception and proactively recommending plans and actions, you will ensure that our stakeholders and citizens understand our mission and intent. Managing our social media presence will be a key part of your responsibilities, as you develop and implement strategies to enhance online engagement and promote our department’s values and initiatives.
As a Communications & Marketing Analyst, you will also assist in identifying content needs and implementing strategies to enhance our websites and social media platforms. Occasionally, you may need to work nights or weekends to meet project deadlines.
To excel in this role, attention to detail is essential. You should possess strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, allowing you to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Your ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment within established procedures will be crucial. Additionally, you should have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities, along with proficient reading comprehension, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
If you are ready to be part of a dynamic team, where your creativity and expertise will make a real difference, we invite you to apply for the Communications & Marketing Analyst position at the Tacoma Police Department. Join us in fostering a safer and more connected community!
This position will be located at Tacoma Police facilities and work directly with TPD personnel; therefore, the ideal candidate must possess an exemplary personal history and be able to pass a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination. Failure to be truthful throughout the recruitment process will result in immediate removal from the process.
The City of Tacoma offers a generous program of employee benefits:
- Outstanding working conditions and an exceptional quality-of-life environment
- Medical coverage for eligible employees, spouses and dependents, including children up to age 26
- Vision care with VSP for employees and eligible dependents enrolled in the Regence PPO medical plan with vision benefits
- Dental coverage for eligible employees and their elected dependents, including dependent children up to the age of 26
- Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code
- Personal time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- A great pension plan
City of Tacoma Recruitment:
One of the primary goals of the Equity and Empowerment Initiative is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, English or directly related field.
- A minimum 4 years of experience in communications or public relations in a public safety setting
- A combination of education and experience that equates to 4 years in either of the two categories listed above
- NOTE: Related work experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
In addition to the above qualifications, a minimum 2-5 years of experience highly desired in the following areas:
- Strong creative writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Experience developing strategic and engaging content for websites
- Ability to adapt writing style and tone to reach target audiences
- Experience developing advertising and marketing programs and strategies
- Experience managing social media platforms, content calendars, building engaged communities, and expanding brand awareness
- Experience developing innovative community engagement programs and events.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Washington State Driver’s License at time of appointment with maintenance thereafter or evidence of equivalent mobility.
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals should apply online; attach a detailed resume and cover letter describing your responsibilities as it relates to the responsibilities of this position. NOTE: Applications received without attaching the required resume and cover letter will not progress in the selection process.
Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in the interview process. Appointment is subject to passing a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination.
NOTE: This is not a remote work position. Work schedules and locations will be determined and communicated prior to any appointment.
Communication from the City of Tacoma
This recruitment is being managed by Human Resources Analyst, Yaisa Criss-Greenwood. We primarily communicate via email during the application process. Emails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk email folders.
The online application system requires you to enter a substantial amount of information. Be prepared to spend at least an hour entering information. In order for your application materials to be considered, all information must be submitted by the closing date and time listed on this job announcement.
For assistance with the NEOGOV application process, or questions regarding this job announcement, call the Human Resources office at (253) 591.5400 before 5:00pm of the closing date of the job announcement.
City of Tacoma
Human Resources Department
747 Market Street
Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764