Job Title: Paid Social Media Strategist
Company: Houston Chronicle
Location: Norwalk, CT, New York City, Houston, San Antonio or San Francisco.
Paid Social Media Strategist
The Paid Social Media Strategist will be responsible for the execution of ad campaigns across Facebook and other social media platforms. Leveraging Paid Social best practices, this role will play a pivotal role in improving both the volume and efficiency of our user acquisition and retention efforts. The right candidate has significant experience and expertise with Facebook advertising and other Paid Social platforms (Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, etc.) and familiarity with 3rd party management solutions. Experience working in a fast-paced agency setting is preferred. This position can be located in any of our major newspaper markets: Norwalk, CT, New York City, Houston, San Antonio or San Francisco.
** What will you do?**
- Plan, build and execute direct response and brand ad buys across social platforms with a primary focus on Facebook.
- Determine areas of opportunity and execute on tests and campaigns designed to drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Develop and execute A/B testing programs to improve campaign performance through optimization of bids, device, audience segments, geo and demo targets, creative, etc.
- Develop paid acquisition plans and provide regular reporting on progress towards key milestones and risks.
- Work cross-functionally with product, UX, and the rest of the marketing organization.
- Use measurement, tracking, and management platforms to produce analytical insights and manage day-to-day Paid Social operations.
- Provide thought leadership to help identify new opportunities and other emerging advertising platforms.
- Work with Business Intelligence/Analytics teams on Paid Social dashboard development and KPIs monitoring.
- Provide support for additional marketing channels as needed for promotional and seasonal campaigns.
- Strategize with sales teams for effective launches to customer campaigns.
- Work directly with clients on reporting, troubleshooting, and optimizing campaigns across multiple networks.
- Presenting to stakeholders around new innovations and campaign statuses.
What will it take to be successful?
- 2-3 years in social media marketing with a focus on paid social campaigns.
- Experience with ad copywriting, Facebook ad manager, Instagram ads, A/B testing, and proficiency with google docs.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Marketing of Communications
- Strong analytical skills with competency in speaking to metrics across multiple reporting systems.
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across multiple teams and clients with ease.
About Hearst Newspapers:
With 2,500 employees across the nation, HNP represents a network of 24 daily and 52 weekly publications, including the San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union, several top digital-only news and lifestyle sites, marketing services businesses, and entertainment businesses such as King Features Syndicate.
At HNP, we are investing in new and innovative ways to tell stories – growing newsrooms, diversifying tools, evolving platforms – to support the millions of people who trust us each month to help them make decisions, take action and be inspired.
Be a part of something bigger – Your Headline Awaits.