Job Title: Paid Social Manager
Location: Virginia, United States
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model . Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium , Grammarly Business , Grammarly for Education , and Grammarly for Developers . All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Acquisition Marketing Channel Manager, Paid Social, to join our Acquisition team. This role will be directly responsible for the continued scaling and optimization of our Desktop Paid Social channels, as well as our new, untested channels. Currently, those channels include Facebook and Reddit and could expand to Twitter, Pinterest, Brave, GeistM, and others.
As Acquisition Marketing Channel Manager, Paid Social, you will be scaling Social Desktop channels.
- These channels demand constant creation and testing of new creatives and content, which will need to be optimized for various audiences, geos, mediums, devices, and product offerings. The creative content needed to convert users must be aspirational and on-brand.
- Technical needs: leveraging FBCAPI, adapting as privacy controls increase, tracking, attribution, and data.
- Successfully manage a creative agency and help establish a creative strategy for acquisition.
- Effectively manage a multi-million dollar annual social budget.
- Design and implement rigorous testing frameworks; prioritizing, running, and measuring experiments.
- Evaluate, test, and scale up new channels.
- Develop superb creative messaging for a very heterogeneous customer base.
Within Your First 30 Days, You Will
- Get familiar with key tools and processes (e.g., JIRA, Asana, Dashboards, Gnar, Slack, Daily Pacing doc, FB Roadmap, Wiki, main reports, etc).
- Meet with common collaborators and partners (agency, acquisition team, analytics, MA, Growth).
- Audit Social Media accounts to understand our setup and metrics.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities within the Social channel.
- Learn the gnar basics and how we track data.
- Begin participating in calls with account managers and become the main point of contact for Paid Social.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Relentlessly sets aggressive short and long-term goals and possesses a strong internal drive to achieve them.
- Searches for reasons and causes. Able to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data make data-driven decisions, and use (often incomplete) data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Can consider, play out, and weigh alternative scenarios based on strategic objectives. Can develop a structured, strategic pipeline for innovation in performance marketing and relation to other teams’ goals and projects; can allocate resources (bandwidth and spend) accordingly.
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with leaders on marketing, analytics, and partners to unlock new growth opportunities.
- Possesses advanced data analysis skills and an understanding of web tracking principles.
- Ability to seek out the essential, say “no” to the nonessentials, develop a prioritization framework and execute it; short-term vs. long-term thinking.
- Hands-on experience managing, planning, and executing multi-million social media accounts across multiple platforms.
- A strong handle on growth experiments: specifically, can devise a sound experiment in order to obtain learning with incomplete data.
- Has a strong handle on A/B testing and experience running a testing framework.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing excellent health care (including mental health and fertility benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, caregiver and pet care stipends, wellness stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts, learning and development opportunities, and more.
- For North America–based employment: Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, meaning pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our compensation packages include equity; a wide range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options; retirement benefits; and parental leave. We offer twenty days of paid time off per year (global), eleven days of paid holidays per year (US and Canada), and unlimited sick days (global).
The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $107,000 – $138,000/year (USD)
Zone 2: $96,000 – $124,000/year (USD)
Zone 3: $91,000 – $117,000/year (USD)
Zone 4: $86,000 – $110,000/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer, a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program (US), and abides by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.