⏰ Office Hour: Shifting Community Paradigms

Join us for the LIVE discussion, December 15 | 11 a.m. ET/ 4 p.m. GMT
It’s time for a paradigm shift in how your audience is gathering. Consumers are changing how they spend their time and where it is spent online. Gen Z consumers are intentional about how they connect online and spend their money. They are driving the creator economy and a shift in marketing as we know it. As we move into Web3, are you thinking of how you will connect to your community as they pivot? Join us this episode of Office Hour to learn from Krissy Buck, Department Chair of the Digital Marketing program at WSU Tech, as she helps us explore shifting community paradigms.

Building inclusive communities online and in-person is Krissy Buck’s @kbuck passion. At WSU Tech, where she teaches her students how to use digital marketing to build relationships for themselves and brands. She is the former Chief Community Officer of a Wichita tech start-up QuiCC, where she grew a user base in 77 countries in just ten months. Krissy believes strongly in Wichita’s start-up ecosystem and is a former Organizer for 1 Million Cups Wichita. She also mentors students working for ShockStarter, a marketing agency that employs WSU and WSU Tech students. Krissy recently participated in Advance Kansas to learn how to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community and sits on the IDE committee at WSU Tech. She is also the vice-chair of Digital Wichita, a non-profit that educates Wichita on emerging digital marketing trends, and host of Social Media Day Wichita.

3 Likes

I am so excited about this conversation. There are still so many questions, but we can learn some things from human behavior, especially from Gen Z. See you soon!

4 Likes

giphy-5

This millennial is prepared to learn!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, this Gen X will get you up to speed. :joy:
Clueless Movie Whatever GIF by filmeditor

3 Likes

Long live GIFs.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey all—give a holler if you’re here with us! :heart:

1 Like

Biggest challenge in the ever-changing world of social media = staying a step ahead so you can prepare your students to have the skills that they’ll need both today and in the future!

1 Like

Here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, @eternalkaz !!!

2 Likes

​Its so strange I never really thought about the web as different webs, just evolving.

2 Likes

What is Web3?

Web1: “The World Wide Web,” all information; browsers, hotlinks; didn’t connect people (besides email)

Web2: eCommerce, social media

Right now: The elevation is getting higher, we’re in the midst of this transition

Web3: EXPERIENCE

1 Like

It’s interesting to see different perspectives see Web3 differently.

1 Like

Content creators are creating ENTERTAINMENT (like EthanBarber.co and @chris / @jfuhs Dealcasters ) and an EXPERIENCE

2 Likes

How can you entertain and create an experience through your content (like Duolingo & Scrub Daddy)?

1 Like

It’s not just about technology—it’s also about HUMAN BEHAVIOR

1 Like

I can see how Web3 looks like entertainment, but what does that mean? Maybe I’m skewed because I’m in gaming but have we not always tried to entertained? What was the difference between then and now? Is it because Brands are jumping into it more?

2 Likes

I think it’s the idea that entertainment can create a feeling of brand affinity.

1 Like

Online community building potential: could never have reached and influenced people in 77 different countries before…

1 Like

“If I taught the status quo, I was going to be putting my students at a disadvantage when they went out into industry.”
Invested in VR tech and is teaching a class in the Metaverse: students strap on their VR headsets, as do guest speakers (like @jencoleict !)

1 Like