Microsoft removes Twitter from its social media tool

This decision came after Twitter announced pricing for the new version of its API (Full news here)

What do you think about it and what do you think other social media management tools (like agorapulse) will do too?

1 Like

Yeah I heard about it, its interesting for sure. I feel a bit out of the loop by what exactly Microsofts advertising tool is (I don’t run advertisements, at this time anyways). It wasn’t named at all (or did I miss it somehow??).

I’m curious if they do custom pricing, because 42,000 a month is not something every company can pay to get access to its API. So I wonder if others have been given different numbers, like maybe 1-5k a month. Maybe Microsoft found out and said they didn’t want to get the wool pulled over their eyes.

I believe Agorapulse had said they would pay to keep the Twitter API stuff. But of course that may change if they also get charged 42,000 a month. It’s a ridiculous amount and an absurd change from free.

Microsoft Advertising is like Google Ads. But they are launching a multi-platform feature to manage the search advertising and social media presence across platforms all in one place.

Link here:
https://help.ads.microsoft.com/#apex/ads/en/60080/-1

And here about the social profile management features: https://help.ads.microsoft.com/#apex/ads/en/60084/-1
Multi-platform: Social network engagement

About the API pricing, I found this article saying:

The company is now offering three levels of Enterprise Packages to its developer platform, according to a document sent by a Twitter rep to would-be academic customers in early March and passed on to WIRED. The cheapest, Small Package, gives access to 50 million tweets for $42,000 a month. Higher tiers give researchers or businesses access to larger volumes of tweets—100 million and 200 million tweets respectively—and cost $125,000 and $210,000 a month. WIRED confirmed the figures with other existing free API users, who have received emails saying that the new pricing plans will take effect within months.

So 42k it’s the cheapest… And like you said: it’s totally a ridiculous amount and an absurd change from free :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

OH, its literally called Microsoft Advertising lol. Looks like its not available for everyone according to those links so maybe its not widely used yet.

Yeah, I remember hearing about those tiers, but was it actually confirmed? That article was over a month ago now. Who knows? Elon may have changed his mind if he did not get as much buy-in as he wanted?

1 Like

The whole Twitter API thing has been crazy! Yes…currently Agorapulse is paying for Enterprise tier.

Been seeing lots of creative ways other companies are dealing with this.

Some…aren’t offering Twitter. Others are making you create your own Twitter API Key via the Twitter Developer Portal. Others are charging an additional fee per Twitter profile.

2 Likes

Twitter in general has been crazy :sweat_smile:

Is that information public? About the ways the companies are doing this adaptation? Can you send me more information?

1 Like

@hdias I’ve just seen screenshots of what other tools are doing. Can’t find anything formally written about it.

1 Like

Here’s one from CoSchedule

1 Like

Thank you so much @deb :slight_smile:

2 Likes