Job Title: Marketing Strategy Intern, Disney Sports, Summer/Fall 2023
Company: Walt Disney World
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
At Disney Sports, including ESPN Wide World of Sports, and runDisney, we are celebrating the athlete and the fan in all of us…and the love of sports that have a special way of bonding us as one community.
At ESPN Wide World of Sports, we bring together youth and amateur sport athletes everyday – those who have passion for, dedication to, and love of the game. For our participating teams and athletes, we are their Fenway, their Wembley, their Madison Square Garden. It is here, where our form of Disney Magic comes alive a little differently – built around competition, teamwork, leadership, and drive – this is where Champions are made, and teams become family.
With runDisney, we are creating endurance events where every mile is magic. As a member of this team, you will be a part of that extraordinary magic, planning and marketing the guest experiences that can take our audiences under the sea or off to a galaxy far, far away. From short distance 5K races to a full marathon; Disney characters, live entertainment and a commemorative Disney finisher medal all await our Guests. And our community is growing!
A Day in the Life…
As a Marketing Strategy Intern with Disney Sports, you will help support the marketing strategy and execution for our Disney-created sport events, runDisney race weekends, as well as many of our third-party events. You will be an instrumental part of building our brands through story-telling, product positioning, and orchestration of engaging Guest communications. Duties include integrated communication planning, website and microsite support, social marketing support, assistance in content creation and curation, strategic input support, long-term calendar planning and integration efforts, and other duties as assigned. Interns who successfully complete this six-month internship will be given priority consideration for placement with the intent to extend a regular offer forthcoming post-graduation.
- Manage updates for ESPN WWoS and runDisney websites through continual communication with Digital partners, Event Management, and Business Development
- Manage all website requests and maintenance tickets
- Monitor and keep up to date a detailed marketing calendar
- Project management for website evolution and site development
- Management of microsites created to support Disney-created and third party events
- Assist Social Media and Community Manager in content creation and content curation, in support of Disney Sports social handles
- Management support of social media calendars
- Ongoing social listening, sentiment reporting, and content recommendations
Content Creation Support:
- Provide input for content creation support leveraging internal and external graphic designers and social efforts
- Support broadcast/filming/photography needs leading up to and on-site sport events
- Asset management (photos and video) to ensure processes adhered to ensure appropriate permissioning of materials
- Review and provide strategic feedback on captured footage to ensure brand and legal compliance
- Provide basic copywriting support for Guest communications
Marketing Strategy/Brand Management Support:
- Brand strategy support including helping Marketing Managers in development of roadmaps, integrated communication plans and After Action Reviews for both runDisney and ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Marketing lead and project management for other assigned projects and Guest communications
What we are looking for…
- Minimum 1 year experience in marketing, sales, digital, communications planning, or related experience. Relevant experience through your college will be considered.
- Foundational knowledge of marketing platforms such as websites, social media, print, digital media, CRM, outdoor and/or collateral
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet quick deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and make recommendations based on data analysis, business needs and guest experience
- Ability to build positive professional relationships to achieve results
- Detail-oriented; process oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excels in presentation development
- Knowledge of the Walt Disney Company and Disney Parks
- Prior experiences or demonstrated interest working in youth and amateur sports and/or events
- Familiarity in developing marketing plans, as well as marketing tactics
- Video production knowledge
- Basic design skills (Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign)
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
You’ll be a senior or recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
A Cover Letter submission is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a cover letter in addition to your resume.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Program length - The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 - December 2023
- Work details - Must be able to work FULL TIME hours (approximately 40 per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Housing - We provide limited housing opportunities for Florida Based Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
- Transportation - Must have reliable transportation to/from work
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.