Job Title: Marketing - Senior Social Media Administrator
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Location: Sacramento, CA
OB TITLE: Senior Social Media Administrator
JOB CODE: 10016
PAY SCALE: $71,600.00 - $85,000.00 Annually
The Senior Social Media Administrator will work with various Golden 1 business lines and the Marketing Department to positively and effectively manage the Golden 1 Credit Union social media community and help execute the strategy of our social media program. He/she will develop, maintain, and evolve Golden 1’s overall social media marketing efforts to grow engagement, community size, and visibility. He/she is expected to have extensive expertise with a variety of social media platforms and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and vendors to foster deployment that inspires creativity, efficiency, communication, teamwork, and collaboration. This role is responsible for the planning, initiation, scheduling, routing, compliance, and reporting of social media marketing efforts, contributing to advancement of the use of social media tactics in strategic marketing plans and being the department’s subject matter expert on social media execution.
Tasks, Duties, Functions
- Serve as a subject matter expert on social media best practices.
- Assist with building and executing the social media strategy that resonates with our audience, factors social media trends and aligns to our business goals.
- Responsible for the strategic growth and development of Golden 1’s social media program, across multiple social media platforms.
- Identify and make recommendations for social media opportunities utilizing Golden 1’s marketing assets (video, still photography, etc.) to support strategic initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate new social media channels and identify opportunities for channel expansion.
- Partner with various internal and external teams (i.e. Communications and Community Relations, Retail, Financial Education, 3rd parties etc.) to plan and develop social media executions that support brand initiatives, mission, vision, member experience, engagement and growth.
- Identify external partnership opportunities for relevant social media campaigns.
- Lead the ongoing measurement and reporting on performance of social media efforts; identifying trends and insights, and tracking against KPIs.
- Work closely with paid digital marketing to identify opportunities to align organic efforts with paid digital.
- Research and recommend new social media marketing tactics as appropriate. Monitor all platform innovations, best practices, and industry standards.
- Develops and/or initiates communications about social media projects and planning with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attends special events as needed.
- Manage 3rd party online review vendor deliverables.
- Helps establish and uphold consistent processes/procedures ensuring efficient workflow of social media projects, keeping within budgets while appropriately contributing to the overarching goals.
- Work with the Marketing department leadership on Golden 1’s social media policy and governance.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
** PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:**
Effective oral and written communication skills required to accomplish tasks.
Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
Organizational Contacts & Relationships
INTERNAL: Senior Management, Back Office, and Branch Managers and Branch Employees.
EXTERNAL: Vendors, sales people, members, and prospective members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or relevant equivalent experience.
Five years or more professional experience running social media for a large organization - in the Financial Services Industry highly preferred. Five years or more experience in advertising, media, marketing, community and/or public relations preferred.
- Must demonstrate verifiable fluency/immersion in digital marketing functions, including knowledge social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Yelp, etc.), their respective purposes, and how each platform can/should be deployed in different scenarios to benefit the credit union. Deep experience utilizing social media in a professional, not just a personal, capacity in an omni- channel environment across mobile, tablets and PCs.
- Understanding of the nuances of individual social media platforms and how content can be leveraged on each to contribute to strategic marketing initiatives.
- Well-developed project management skills with knowledge of planning and development processes
- including familiarity with all types of communications from print to digital.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint and ability to learn new software and social media programs.
- Well-developed project management skills with knowledge of planning and development processes including familiarity with all types of communications from print to digital.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to communicate, both written and verbal with people at all levels of an organization.
- Deadline driven with strong sense of urgency and commitment to productivity.
- Proven ability to leverage multiple types of tasks and projects while working independently.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to ensure quality output of final product.
- Self-starter who proactively seeks solutions and is responsive to change and open to feedback.
- Familiarity with Vendor and outsourced resource management.
Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
Corrected vision within the normal range.
Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.