Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Company: World Central Kitchen · Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
World Central Kitchen, Inc. (WCK) seeks a talented and committed Social Media Manager to develop and execute WCK’s storytelling efforts and content production through short-form social media content. Part of a team committed to reaching new audiences with engaging content while also deepening our current audiences’ affinity for WCK, the successful candidate must possess excellent communications skills, thrive in a dynamic environment, and deliver authentic and compelling narratives in WCK’s voice.
This role will report to the Content Director and lead a small team. This role requires a sincere commitment to WCK’s mission; the ability to travel regularly at short notice including to international relief operations; the ability to travel and work on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed; and flexibility for cultural, language, and time zone differences. This exempt position is intended to be based in Washington, DC, but remote locations within proximity to a major international airport will be considered.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop, execute, and lead an effective, creative, and comprehensive social media content strategy including through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
Work collaboratively across WCK departments and levels to identify and maximize opportunities to build audience engagement
Travel often to WCK relief responses to coordinate photo and video teams and other content capture on the ground. Support remotely when not activated
Responsible for keeping up with latest social best practices and exploring new platforms
Support in the management of WCK’s digital fundraising program (Meta advertising, Google Ads), which includes coordination of contracted parties
Define key metrics to monitor, track, and use for continual improvement in growth and engagement
Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- 5-7 years experience in social media management displaying deep understanding and effective use of social platforms
- 2-3 years supervisory experience managing individuals or a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field, or commensurate experience
- A demonstrated deep commitment to ethical storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information from multiple sources and synthesize it effectively
- Experience thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment with continually shifting priorities
- Proficiency with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, TikTok, Sprout Social or other social media software, Google Analytics, MS, and Apple programs and apps
- Current passport
Preferred candidates will also be fluent in Spanish, spoken and written; have prior humanitarian or field work experience; and have demonstrated experience and proficiency with photography, videography, and/or graphic design.
Application & Cover Letter
This application requires a cover letter that explains your interest in this position and in working for WCK. Applications without a letter will not be considered. Please include your letter in one pdf document with your resume. Please submit your application before August 28, 2023.
References and Background Checks
To help ensure the safety of our communities and our teams, our selection process will include reference and background checks, subject to any legal or regulatory requirements.
WCK offers competitive compensation and great benefits including:
- Zero premium medical, dental, and vision plans including for dependents within 30 days
- 403(b) retirement account with 50% match up to 8% of employee salary deferrals within 30 days
- 100% employer-sponsored group life and disability insurance within 30 days
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Responsible Paid Time Off policy
WCK is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity and to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment at this time.
No recruiters or agencies, please.