Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Company: Pacers Sports & Entertainment
Location: Indianapolis, IN
We are looking for an expert storyteller to join our digital content team as a Manager, Social Media! This role requires a strong understanding of brand voice, social and content trends, and how to create excitement and engage passionate fans of basketball and other entertainment. Our digital group works across the Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, Mad Ants (G League), Gainbridge Fieldhouse events, and more.
The Manager, Social Media is responsible for day-to-day ideation and execution of content posting across platforms at Pacers Sports & Entertainment. An ideal candidate has a high-powered creative mind, plus a strong and proven understanding of social trends. This position requires a strong understanding of brand goals and the ability to coach and grow other social content colleagues, as it will directly manage a mix of full and part-time staff. Being a strong, clear communicator is vital to success in this role.
Because this role will work across numerous properties, having an understanding of not only basketball, but entertainment at large, is essential. We are looking for someone with a desire to lead and push the envelope, someone who is well-versed in content of all formats, lengths, and platforms, and someone who wants to be part of the highly collaborative, talented team that we have been building. This position will be well-supported by a creative team composed of video producers, graphic designers, photographers, and digital marketers.
The person hired in this role will be in the mix as a primary team member traveling to events where social coverage is deemed necessary, including but not limited to away Pacers/Fever games, NBA/WNBA events, larger content and community initiatives, and more. The role will work highly cross-functionally with our Brand Marketing, Game Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Basketball Operations, Community Engagement, and Ticketing teams, among others.
**Essential Duties & Responsibilities **
- Lead development and execution of social media plans across Pacers Sports & Entertainment brands:
- Build and maintain content calendars across assigned brands.
- Lead posting process from ideation to approval and execution.
- Write copy that engages fans across all social platforms.
- Manage pregame, in-game and postgame social media posts across channels.
- Collaborate across departments to produce content that elevates the brand.
- Proactively interacts, engages, and communicates with fans across all social platforms.
- Discover ways to amplify social content via media partners, influencers, etc.
- Monitor platform performance and make adjustments as needed for optimization.
- Collaborate with colleagues on cross-platform social strategy to increase engagement and followers.
- Manage and oversee Social Media Coordinator(s) as well as part-time and seasonal staff.
- Assist in overseeing the team producing and executing game night content, reviewing and approving all recaps and posts.
- Ability to manage across brands, including NBA, G League and WNBA.
- Strong knowledge working with Adobe Creative Cloud, with an emphasis on Lightroom, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere.
- Track, report, and analyze social media KPIs, engagement rates, open rates, click-throughs, A/B testing results, total revenue, subscribers, and other social media metrics.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/Or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of four years of professional content/marketing experience, and/or a combination of graduate level education (i.e., MBA) and experience. Strong preference towards candidates that have experience with social media management for a publicly recognized brand. At least one year of experience managing direct reports is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence with high accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate and sell ideas to peers and executives. Ability to create and deliver presentations to all levels of employees and upper management.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to develop ROI analyses and present reports.
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations.
Ability to see projects through to completion through creative, logical, and technical means.
This position requires the employee to be proficient in HTML and how it relates to email marketing. It requires some experience with CRM software, basic knowledge of Photoshop, knowledge of Internet laws and regulations like CAN-SPAM and COPPA. It requires knowledge of the guidelines set by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA). It requires knowledge of social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other emerging channels. An interest in emerging platforms and technologies is necessary for success in this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use a telephone
- Use a computer
- Speak, hear, and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud.
The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability status, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.