Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Company: National MS Society
Location: United States (Remote)
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The Manager, Social Media is responsible for the development and execution of the Society’s day-to-day social media presence to include content creation and scheduling, monitoring channels, moderating groups, and reporting. This position contributes to the development and implementation of unified social media strategies across the organization with a focus on growth, user engagement and fundraising aligned to the Society’s strategic goals. This position will collaborate across teams to support content strategy and serve as the subject matter expert in the social media space.
This role can be performed 100% remotely anywhere in the US.
Social Media Management - 45%
- Support the execution of the Society’s social media strategy for various functional areas including content development, scheduling, monitoring, moderating and deepening engagement with Society constituents and event participants.
- Write content published on the Society’s National social media channels in alignment to the social media strategy and industry best practices.
- Develop and manage content calendars and assets for social media channels in conjunction with the Society’s larger overall integrated content planning and marketing efforts (peer-to-peer fundraising events, development, programs and services, advocacy, etc.).
- Manage Facebook Groups with assistance from key partners/moderators.
- Plan and fulfill national sponsorship commitments by writing copy that will ensure maximum exposure for the sponsor while still aligned to our brand and social media best practices
- Keeps up to date on new trends in digital marketing and develops content to test trends in alignment with overall social media strategy. Effectively leverage and optimize the use of paid, earned, and owned tactics in conjunction with Society partners.
Monitoring, Engaging and Relationship Building - 45%
- Daily monitoring (including evening as needed and assigned weekend monitoring) and social listening across assigned social media channels.
- Responsible for Society’s day-to-day social media moderating and engagement. Replies to comments and works with teams on responses as needed.
- Must be intimately familiar with the Society’s brand values as this role serves as the voice of the organization.
- Coordinates breaking news crisis communications response with appropriate staff as needed and responds with approved messaging while continuing to keep others informed.
- Identifies, builds and leverages relationships with constituents, industry professionals and influencers by building meaningful connections and encouraging community members to increase online reach and engagement.
- Collaborates closely with team members across the organization to ensure integration of marketing and communication efforts, on-brand messaging and assets, and successful outcomes in support of the organization’s strategic goals.
- Work closely with Content team to provide timely content/stories found on social that can be utilized beyond the social media space to enhance and humanize the Society to constituents and supporters.
- Develop and implement a social listening strategy to guide content creation.
Reporting - 10%
- Review ongoing success of social media campaigns using analytics to make significant recommendations and adjustments.
- Provides timely updates on top-performing posts.
- Regularly monitors, tracks and reports on feedback and insights, both qualitative and quantitative, gained from social media monitoring and shares with key internal partners in a timely fashion.
- Reviews and monitors competitive landscape, including other non-profits or similar pages on social media or channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience in social media marketing (comparable experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- Experiencing implementing social media strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing presence across social media platforms for a business or organization with proven results
- Knowledge of what type of content works best on individual social media platforms, optimizing content accordingly, as well as understanding the different nuances of each platform
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage projects, prioritize work, and complete tasks within timelines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and promote collaboration with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- strong customer service skills
- Experience in the health and human services field is a plus
- PR and/or marketing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, and others and proven ability to craft content for each platform
- Experience using Sprout Social, Asana and Google Analytics a plus
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills a plus
Compensation & Benefits Info
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $57,000 - $70,000 based on an average compensation schedule. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location and consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these and other factors
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
Working Here: To foster a collaborative culture and support the Society’s mission, all Society employees, regardless of working arrangement, are expected to participate in department and local market meetings/outings and work Society fundraising events in their local market throughout the year.
The above statements describe the position as it exists now. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in this position. It may be redesigned or reorganized at Human Resources discretion at any time.