Job Title: Manager- Social Media Global Communications
Company: The Kraft Heinz Company
Location: Chicago, IL
All posting locations Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Job Function 08 - PR/Communications & Regulatory
Date Published 02-Nov-2022
Ref # R-62783
Description & Requirements
The Manager- Social Media- Global Corporate Communications is a valued partner and strategist to the business leaders within Kraft Heinz. He/she/they is responsible for overseeing the company corporate social media strategy and platforms- working closely with the Employer Brand team- the broader Global Corporate Communications team- and other stakeholders to evolve the Kraft Heinz corporate brand story.
Reporting to the Vice President- Global Corporate Communications and Reputation Management- the individual in this position will be a key member of the company’s Global Corporate Communications team. The person will analyze the current corporate social channels and help optimize what exists and build out new capabilities to help the company tell more stories- across more parts of the company- with more exciting assets. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a go-getter attitude- willing to roll up their sleeves to help grow the future of Kraft Heinz.
- Work with global corporate communications leaders to develop social media engagement strategy and plans for executive leadership- CEO etc. Manage process- execution.
- Manage the corporate social media presence and deploy a consistent corporate brand narrative across channels.
- Collaborate to build corporate brand tone of voice and ensure consistent use across social content.
- Maintain an always-on- audience-first content calendar that connects to relevant corporate news- including corporate storytelling- ESG and DI&B initiatives- executive visibility plans- media relations- financial communications- and crisis management.
- Partner with employer brand team to define and activate an integrated (organic and paid) content strategy across relevant social channels
- Liaise between agencies- vendors- and freelancers to develop brand assets and facilitate launch project initiatives.
- Consistently and proactively engage with consumers across channels to build brand loyalty.
- Identify new ways of building social content and creating storytelling assets.
- Build new ways to measure the impact of the corporate social channels and build a new reporting system to show the value of the content.
- Assist in monitoring social media chatter for discussions that are troublesome for Kraft Heinz and share negative chatter with applicable internal stakeholders for awareness of the issues.
- Spearhead a communications effort that will instill a sense of urgency- cohesiveness and teamwork in Kraft Heinz’s workforce and inspire confidence and credibility among external stakeholders.
- This person will help build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help drive best-in-class communications for Kraft Heinz.
- Ensure that all communications reflect the Company’s core values and advance Kraft Heinz’s business strategy.
- Five years of marketing- social media management- communications and/or public relations experience at a global consumer organization or communications agency.
- Social media strategy and platform management.
- BA in Communications or equivalent.
- Ambitious- strong project manager- collaborator- team player and individual contributor.
- High degree of personal and professional savvy and experience to inspire confidence among audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Problem solver with able to manage projects and keep many elements moving at the same time.
- Confident writer and editor able to guide and influence others through prose.
- Seamlessly manage projects across a dynamic and cross-functional international scale.
- Strong attention to detail- with an ability to prioritize tasks and react to change with ease and agility.
Mindset & Behaviors
- Passion to challenge the status quo- find innovative solutions and drive out-of-the-box ideas. Loves and embraces change.
- Believes in a culture of collaboration- transparency- safety- and trust.
- Not afraid to “roll up sleeves-” seeks to go beyond comfort to learn and pushes teams to do the same.
- Empowers others to learn and grow with an experimental mindset to drive innovation.
- High level of passion for communications- quality work and team building.
- Strong- empathetic orientation and a high level of personal commitment and caring.
- Food and beverage or consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience a plus.
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Vaccination & Office Collaboration Expectations
Our highest priority is always the health, wellbeing, and safety of our Kraft Heinz family. We require our office-based, home-based, R&D, and sales team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
We believe our office environment fuels our collaboration, connection & community as an organization and allows our employees to grow toward greatness. We also believe providing a more flexible and agile model is essential in today’s workplace. A majority of our office-based employees will be able to work remotely for up to two days each week. Additionally, employees who are subject to this hybrid model will be eligible to work from anywhere for up to six weeks in a rolling 12-month period (in maximum two-week increments and according to benefits and tax guidelines). Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in office depending on the role’s responsibilities and requirements.