Job Title: Manager, Social Media / Content Creation
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Location: Benton Harbor, MI
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, Yummly and InSinkErator. In 2022, the company reported approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 61,000 employees and 56 manufacturing and technology research centers. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com.
The team you will be a part of
The Communications General team works on internal and external communications projects, including website and intranet creation, management of media, public relations, and press releases. Assists with the implementation of a strategic communications program to help build brand image.
This Role In Summary
Whirlpool is seeking qualified candidates for a Manager, Social Media / Content Creation position located in Benton Harbor Michigan at our Global Headquarters location. The content creation and social media manager leads social media strategy and content creation within the global Corporate Communications function to promote and protect the reputation of Whirlpool Corporation. We are looking for a CREATOR with a passion for social media and the ability to quickly conceptualize and create social media content for a Fortune 500 company with 112 years of experience with products found in two out of three U.S. homes. The Manager, Social Media / Content Creation is a critical team member of the Corporation Communications function at Whirlpool Corporation. You will work closely with other communications experts, as well as specialists in every function of the company - from product design and manufacturing to human resources and company leadership.
You will have the opportunity to drive the global corporate social media strategy for the company and create content that will be seen by millions while ensuring both are in alignment with our business and communications goals. This is an opportunity to evolve the social media presence of an American manufacturing bellwether and a leader in shaping what the modern home looks like. If you are someone who enjoys creating content and making a positive/measurable impact on consumers around the globe, now is the time to join our team.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Develop, implement and manage the corporate social media strategy across all owned channels and platforms
- Create high-quality visual content for use on social media and the company’s owned channels
- Develop and implement standards in KPI measurement and reports
- Manage our online communities
- Establish and evolve social listening practices
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends, best practices, and technologies
- Provide counsel to the business on trends, content, and overall social climate
- Lead the company’s Social Media Center of Excellence, collaborating with global peers to ensure content from across the globe is delivered to our global channels in a manner that works for each region
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing an enterprise account or equivalent
- Experience leading social media strategy across functions or regions for a large, publicly traded company
Preferred Skills And Experiences
- Exceptional knowledge of Facebook, X (former Twitter), LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Content creation background in graphic design, video editing, and multimedia writing
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Experience with Sprinklr and other social analytics tools
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
Whirlpool’s Ways of Working
Our goal is to provide an environment that helps you bring your best to Whirlpool every day. We apply ‘always on’ flexibility to all work days. You will have the autonomy to manage personal, family, and outside-of-work commitments as needed. Employees in this role work in person Monday through Thursday with the option to work remotely on Friday.
We offer other flexibility and industry-leading time-off benefits that will help you balance what’s important at work and at home, including:
Flexible Friday - Option to work extra hours Monday through Thursday to finish up work early on Friday.
Two-Week Work Remote from Anywhere - Minimum of one-week increments for a total of two weeks per year.
Sabbatical - Four weeks paid leave after every five years of service.
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
See what it’s like to work at Whirlpool by visitingWhirlpool Careers. Additional information about the company can be found onFacebook,Twitter,LinkedIn,InstagramandYouTube.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.