Job Title: Manager - Social Media Community Management (Hybrid)
Company: United Airlines
Location: Chicago, IL
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
Our Corporate Communications team brings our uniquely United story to life with the public, our customers and employees, across the world. From internal communications and newsletters to public and media relations campaigns, and social media strategy, we’re sharing our story with the world in a way that’s clear, consistent and inspiring. Get your pen ready, and help us continue to write our next chapter.
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Social Media Community Management to continue leading the charge on what brand social relevance looks like at United. From making new friends on the Internet, to uncovering new opportunities for real-time content development, this role is part of a fast paced and dynamic team within United’s award-winning Corporate Communications department. This position will lead the community health of United’s social media channels with a concentration in delivering relevancy, building brand advocacy and sharing United’s personality on social. The ideal candidate loves social media, is quick witted, has a sharp eye on trends and is fast footed with idea generation. **This is a Chicago-based, hybrid position that will require on average, two days per week in our downtown office. **
- Respond directly and lead a team of community managers to customer and fan conversations to promote the brand
- Maintain the community health for organic channels like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. by building and managing relationships with key communities within key United partner audiences (ex. sports sponsorships, airports, partner airlines, tourism boards, etc.) and identify others to join
- Consistently identify relevant trends and opportunities to engage, crafting timely, relevant content around while monitoring brand mentions using social media listening tools
- Identify strong user generated content that could be a good fit for the content team to leverage for brand channels and publish content across platforms
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Social or Digital Media, New Media)
- 4+ years of experience in Community management on social media for a large consumer brand or sports team/league is required
- Applying online listening tools and understand why online monitoring is important and be able to identify tools (paid and free) that can be used to identify relevant conversations and audiences
- Knowledge of and passion for staying on top of trending internet topics, memes and pop culture
- Have demonstrated knowledge of how social media management tools work (i.e. Khoros, content management systems, etc.)
- Ability to support online marketing and issues management campaigns
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 20% throughout the year
- Legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in executive communications
- Ability to present to leadership
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [email protected] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT WHQ00022376