Job Title: Manager, Social Media and Email Marketing
Company: Academy Museum of Motion Pictures
Location: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures furthers the understanding, celebration, and preservation of cinema through inclusive and accessible exhibitions, screenings, programs, initiatives, and collections. Welcoming visitors from Los Angeles and around the world, the Museum works in active partnership with motion picture artists and specialists, scholars, staff, and diverse communities to contextualize and challenge dominant narratives around cinema, inspiring discourse, connection, joy, and discovery.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Group Sales, the Academy Museum is seeking a talented and experienced digital marketing professional to grow and maintain the Museum’s online presence and community. You will implement strategies and produce original content to promote the Museum as well as attract new and repeat visitors. Candidates for this role should have experience defining and achieving goals that lead to higher web traffic, follower/subscriber growth, and customer engagement.
- Build and maintain content calendars, scheduling, community management, content rollout, and fan interactions for the Museum and campaigns that target specific audiences in the world of film and tourism.
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and ensure digital strategy aligns with museum best practices and strategic learnings to accomplish business goals; manage incoming requests.
- Create multi-channel campaigns for specific events, programs, and promotions in partnership with various Museum departments.
- Define the voice and tone of our brand across various social channels.
- Manage production of static and video content on social media including but not limited to toolkits, graphics, teasers, and recaps.
- Balance big-picture thinking and immediate needs to pioneer the Museum’s digital presence.
- Conduct weekly and monthly reporting for social media, email, and web traffic; collect and translate data into actionable insights to optimize current digital content strategy.
- Develop and nurture relationships with outside vendors, digital partners and collaborators, and agencies to expand brand awareness.
- Communicate various campaign details effectively to key stakeholders and leadership at varying levels of digital media knowledge.
- Monitor social media and cultural trends to identify new opportunities for the Museum.
- Coordinate and work alongside Marketing and Communications to build integrated paid and organic media plans.
- Act as liaison between the creative department and agencies to make sure digital assets get produced, QA’d, and trafficked in a timely manner.
- Develop and communicate new work procedures and approval processes museum-wide when new projects arise.
- Manage email database and email process which includes monthly schedule and weekly email creative.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 4+ years of digital experience (web, social media, and email marketing).
- The ability to work variable hours based on the Museum’s schedule of events and activities outside standard business hours is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing strategies and developing guidelines.
- Experience writing promotional, programming, and ad copy.
- Experience working with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud for email campaign development and deployment.
- Deep understanding of the entire digital presence via Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Sprout, and other platforms.
- Familiarity with web design and CMS.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
Nice to Have’s:
- Appreciation of film and movies as an art form.
- Ability to thrive in a non-linear and fast-paced environment as policies and procedures are developed.
- Sense of humor.
- Understanding of the arts in general and the Los Angeles arts community in particular.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required, including any booster vaccinations as applicable.
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision.
PTO and Sick Time
The expected base salary range for this role is $70,000 to $75,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined by factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, education, and other factors permitted by law. Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
About the Organization The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 10,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
EOE Statement The Academy is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to creating and valuing diversity in its workforce. Maintaining a diverse workforce is important to the Academy. The Academy enforces a strict policy that prohibits discrimination in hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, or termination, whether on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or genetic information. This includes a workplace that is free of all forms of harassment. Also, to help foster diversity, the Academy uses programs that ensure fairness of opportunity, pay, and growth to all applicants and employees. Every employee of the Academy is required to follow this policy and to preserve the Academy’s commitment to diversity.