Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Company: Academy Museum of Motion Pictures
Location: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures furthers the understanding, celebration, and preservation of cinema through inclusive and accessible exhibitions, screenings, programs, initiatives, and collections. Welcoming visitors from Los Angeles and around the world, the museum works in active partnership with motion picture artists and specialists, scholars, staff, and diverse communities to contextualize and challenge dominant narratives around cinema, inspiring discourse, connection, joy, and discovery.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Academy Museum is seeking a talented and experienced digital marketing professional to grow and maintain the museum’s online presence and community through social media channels. You will implement strategies and produce original content to promote the museum as well as attract new and repeat visitors. Candidates for this role should have experience defining and achieving goals that lead to higher, follower growth, web traffic, and engagement via social media platforms.
- Build and maintain content calendars, scheduling, community management, content rollout, and fan interactions for the museum and campaigns that target specific audiences.
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and ensure digital strategy aligns with museum best practices and strategic learnings to accomplish business goals; manage incoming requests.
- Create multi-channel campaigns for specific events, programs, and promotions in partnership with various museum departments.
- Support and define the voice and tone of our brand across various social channels.
- Manage production of static and video content on social media in coordination with creative services and digital teams including but not limited to toolkits, graphics, teasers, and recaps.
- Balance big-picture thinking and immediate needs to further establish the museum’s digital presence.
- Conduct weekly and monthly reporting for social media, collect and translate data into actionable insights to optimize current strategies.
- Develop and nurture relationships with influencers, digital partners and collaborators, and agencies to expand brand awareness.
- Communicate various campaign details effectively to key stakeholders and leadership at varying levels of digital media knowledge.
- Monitor social media and cultural trends to identify new opportunities for the museum.
- Coordinate and work alongside Marketing and Communications to build integrated paid and organic media plans.
- Act as liaison between the creative department and stakeholders to make sure digital assets get produced, QA’d, and trafficked in a timely manner.
- Develop and communicate new work procedures and approval processes museum-wide when new projects arise.
- Provide live event and post-event coverage as needed. Including but not limited to capturing activations, interviews/testimonials, photos/videos, etc.
- Monitor and engage with followers. Responding to comments/questions/direct messages.
- Manage additional contracted supporting hires as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of digital experience (web, digital and social media).
- 2+ years of supervisory experience with a team of 2 or more.
- The ability to work variable hours based on the museum’s schedule of events and activities outside standard business hours is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing strategies and developing guidelines.
- Experience writing promotional, programming, and ad copy.
- Deep understanding of the entire digital presence via Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Sprout, and other platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat (Premier Pro, Photoshop)
- A commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required, including any booster vaccinations as applicable.
**Our Benefits: **
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision.
PTO and Sick Time.
The expected base salary range for this role is $70,000 to $75,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined by factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, education, and other factors permitted by law. Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
About the Organization The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 10,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
EOE Statement The Academy is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to creating and valuing diversity in its workforce. Maintaining a diverse workforce is important to the Academy. The Academy enforces a strict policy that prohibits discrimination in hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, or termination, whether on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or genetic information. This includes a workplace that is free of all forms of harassment. Also, to help foster diversity, the Academy uses programs that ensure fairness of opportunity, pay, and growth to all applicants and employees. Every employee of the Academy is required to follow this policy and to preserve the Academy’s commitment to diversity.