Job Title: Manager, Social Content
Company: National Football League (NFL)
Location: New York, NY
The NFL Social & Influence Marketing department is seeking a Manager of Social Content to oversee day-to-day programming and content creation on platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and more. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include managing the NFL’s “always-on” social strategies, real-time coverage of NFL games, creating new and innovative ways to engage with fans, along with strong editorial judgement, and an eye for what works best across multiple social media platforms. The day-to-day responsibilities of this position will require best-in-class creative skills along with the ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced, non-stop environment. This candidate should have an extensive background in content creation, along with proven success leading a team in the ever-changing social media landscape.
- Create and oversee day-to-day content and programming on NFL owned social platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Work alongside social programming staff to lead ideation and execution of editorial and marketing calendars
- Utilize analytics and insights to understand what’s working, what’s not working, and be prepared to pivot at any time
- Celebrate football at all levels
- Constantly staying ahead of the latest trends throughout the social space
- Identify opportunities to monetize and drive revenue through our social platforms in partnership with our sales and sponsorship teams
- Concept big ideas to execute throughout the NFL calendar
- Collaborate closely with other internal stakeholders to ideate and execute around tent pole events (ex. Super Bowl, Combine, Draft, Pro Bowl, etc)
- Work closely and build relationships directly with social platform partners
- Travel to tentpole events, games, internal conferences, etc
- 4-year degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a social media role
- 2-3+ years’ experience using photo and video editing software (ex. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Prior experience programming social channels for a major brand
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and thrive in the “always-on”, 24/7 NFL news cycle
- Strong eye for social-friendly content, with ability to understand what will perform well
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NFL, all 32 teams, and players across the league
- Expert-level understanding current and emerging social platforms
- Experience working with social analytics
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking independently
- Ability to work nights, weekends, early mornings, and holidays
- Thrive in a team setting where it is required to work and interact with several different departments on a daily basis
- Previous experience leading a content team
- Previous NFL work experience is preferred
- Basic video + photo editing experience
- Building presentations and materials for internal distribution
Salary / Pay Range
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of salaries or hourly rates that the NFL believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job in the location(s) specified. The NFL expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would the NFL consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week.
- FSLA Exempt
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.