Job Title: Manager of Social Media
Company: Boy Scouts of America
Location: Irving, TX
Council website: Careers | Boy Scouts of America
Since 1910, Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has encouraged personal growth by teaching youth how to set goals and achieve them with determination. BSA promotes a culture where youth, volunteers, and employees feel a sense of belonging-where every person feels respected and valued. We welcome families of all backgrounds to help prepare young people to serve as successful members and leaders of our nation’s diverse communities. Join us and help us mold the future leaders of America!
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is seeking an innovated Manager of Social Media to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing the organization’s social media strategies to promote our mission and engage with our communities. You will play a key role in this hands-on marketing leadership position to push new ideas and formats, create compelling content, manage online communities and measure social media efforts. The successful candidate should have knowledge of the best social media metrics to focus on and be able to respond to questions and comments according to the company’s voice and guidelines.
• Sets the vision and manages overall content strategy and social performance aligned with the organization’s goals, values, and target audiences both internally and externally. Stays updated on the latest social media trends that matter to our audience(s), curiosity of emerging platforms and best practices to ensure a competitive edge.
• Plays an active role in developing engaging, informative, and visually appealing content for various social media platforms, including Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Collaborates with the marketing team, to produce high-quality, engaging, brand-consistent materials. Participates in content creation when needed.
• Fosters and nurtures a vibrant online community by actively engaging with followers, responding to inquiries, comments, and messages in a timely and professional manner. Monitor social media channels for relevant conversations, trends, and opportunities to participate in discussions. Mobilizes members, alumni, and fans to grow and build awareness, interest, and engagement with Scouting.
• Leads a team providing guidance, support, and feedback on their work. Delegates tasks, sets objectives, and ensures the team’s productivity and professional growth.
• Acts as a champion for data, audience insights, and platform behavior shifts. Shares key performance indicators (KPIs), best practices, and recap reports with executives and stakeholders to demonstrate channel health, community engagement, and identify opportunities for growth. Continuously analyzes data to optimize and demonstrate ROI to stakeholders.
• Works with communications leads in the BSA, monitor social media channels for potential reputation risks and address them promptly. Develops crisis communication protocols and collaborates with the communications team to manage sensitive situations effectively.
• Collaborates with departments, councils, volunteers, stakeholders, and external partners to align social media efforts with broader marketing initiatives. Establishes relationships with influencers, organizations, and community members to expand the organization’s reach and partnerships.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of: Strong knowledge of social media analytics and reporting tools.
Skill in: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in content creation, including copywriting, graphic design, and video editing. Leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a small team. Passion for the Boy Scouts of America mission and values.
Ability to: Adapt to a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 8 years of experience in social media strategy and management to include a proven track record of developing and executing successful social media strategies across multiple platforms. Experience in managing online communities and responding to user feedback.
- Must pass a criminal history background check.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
*Any work-related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above-specified education and experience requirements.
Boy Scouts of America is an equal-opportunity employer. Benefits include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a Match Savings plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and BSA holiday observances.