Job Title: Manager of Content Strategy
Location: Charlotte, NC
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
The Manager of Content Strategy will play a key role in shaping and implementing Ally’s content strategy to engage and educate our target audience. You will be responsible for overseeing the continued evolution of our content hub, developing strategic partnerships, managing actionable data insights and assisting in the development of consumer journeys. The ideal candidate will have a strong record of influencing across teams to produce results and will constantly be looking for opportunities to expand the reach of content to continue to grow our audience.
The Work Itself
- Develop and continuously refine a strategic roadmap for the evolution of Ally’s content hub, Conversationally.com
- Identify opportunities to improve user experience, navigation and accessibility
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers and site authors, to implement new features and functionality
- Identify and champion contextual content integration into the consumer journey within the website and app
- Analyze performance of the content hub to identify areas for improvement and implement optimization strategies
- Develop and execute a comprehensive publisher partnership strategy aligned with predefined objectives
- Collaborate with social, digital and CRM partners to in developing and refining consumer journeys across various touchpoints
- Negotiate and manage partnerships to secure guest posting opportunities, sponsored content placements and co-branded campaigns
- Track and report on the performance of campaigns to measure the effectiveness of collaboration
- Create analytics performance summaries and benchmarks
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in the content space and provide input on innovative opportunities
- Edit, proofread and revise content to ensure accuracy, clarity and alignment with styleguide
The Skills You Bring
- 5+ years of professional experience in a newsroom, agency or corporate content environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, communications, PR or marketing
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Works well under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of content and digital analytics tools
- Proven track record of scaling audiences across multiple platform
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Our Total Rewards program includes industry-leading compensation and benefits plus additional incentives that are designed to meet your needs and those of your family so you can get the most out of your career and your life, including:
- Time Away: 11 paid holidays, 20 paid time off days, and 8 hours of volunteer time off, yearly (paid time off is prorated based on start date)
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan pay downs and 529 educational save up assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan, and financial learning center and financial coach access.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including medical, dental and vision, employee, spouse and child life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions, Healthcare FSA, critical illness, accident & hospital indemnity insurance, and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility assistance as well as paid parental and caregiver leave, Dependent Day Care FSA back-up child and adult/elder care days and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including Mentally Fit Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
- Other compensations: depending on the role for which you are considered, you may be eligible for travel allowances, relocation assistance, a signing bonus and/or equity.
- To view more detailed information about Ally’s Total Rewards, please visit this link: https://www.ally.com/content/dam/pdf/corporate/ally-total-rewards-snapshot.pdf
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on “Doing it Right” and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at [email protected]. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
**Base Pay Range: **An individual’s position in the range is determined by the scope and responsibilities of the role, work experience, education, certification(s), training, and additional qualifications. We review internal pay, the competitive market, and business environment prior to extending an offer.
Incentive Compensation: This position is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan.