Looking for metrics of improvement because of using SMM tool

Hi, I work on social media for a small not-for-profit advocacy organization, managing 3 social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram). I’m looking for reports from anyone who uses a social media management tool on how the tool has concretely improved their metrics in any area (followers, engagement, reach, etc.). We are working on an overall strategy for our social media accounts, and want to have more objective benchmarks. I’ve read some reviews, but wonder if there is any place where there is actual quantitative data… Any advice on where to look?

1 Like

Hi @therevcoms.socialmedia I’m a little confused on your question, sorry. No social media management tool will improve your social media content. However, using Agorapulse will allow you to better track and understand what content is working and not overall across all of your brand’s platforms.

When it comes to benchmarks, those can be tricky as well since they would encompass more than just your industry/niche into their findings. What we have found to work best is to find your own benchmarks through tracking your content for at least 90 days (3 months). You can then look at those findings through your reporting to see where you are growing and where you may be lacking in growth on [insert platform here]

If you are wanting to know specific benchmarks for your industry/niche, I would recommend looking at this report from TechSoup https://bit.ly/3lzcnU8 that outlines a lot of what you may be looking for.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

WOW @EddieGarrison that report is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing that!

2 Likes

@beastanalyticsco do you have any suggestions for @therevcoms.socialmedia to create more objective benchmarks for her no-for-profit advocacy organization? Many thanks!

2 Likes

You’re welcome @deb I hope other can find it helpful as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @deb! @therevcoms.socialmedia, I will be honest. My best advice is to take your OWN benchmarks using your data - most any other data is going to be skewed because everyone has different circumstances. We could find non-profit “benchmarks” but those would be averages of a bunch of different non-profits that could have MILLIONS in funding or 7 people on their marketing team, or they are marketing for a dog rescue and you’re trying to collect blankets for unhoused people… There are just so many factors. So, when it comes to benchmarking, I would start with your data and grab that. Then I would look at your competitors/peers and grab some of their public info for benchmarking using something like Facebook’s Page Public Access api.

2 Likes