Let's Chat: What process/system/workflow would you fix first?

If you could wave a magic wand, what process/system would you fix FIRST?

1 Like

I’m working on a few right now. My live show work flow is pretty slick but I think it can be slicker so that’s my first step.

Then there’s my blogging process

2 Likes

The first things I fixed personally were managing my time and then accounting. Pretty much all I’ve done for the past 5 years is fixing systems for a client - all the social, email, video, moderation, marketing, promotions, internal team systems. Currently, the email system needs some work but it’s amazing how much more enjoyable this work is when the systems work. I’ve also said - if you are frustrated by your job - fix the systems.

1 Like

Would LOVE it if you’d share your Live show workflow or maybe some of the bigger rocks!

It’s very big and spans 3 days a week.

I have the set up phase where I set up the live stream and make sure everything is connected.
I then usually have to tweak the posts/events on each network.

The research phase on a Wednesday
I have a list of sources for news which I comb for stories and then narrow them down to the ones that will be most interesting to my audience (and relevant for business)
I also do editorial decisions this day. Which stories are going to be most appealing, which go first, which go last.
I have a pre-promo schedule (I use AgoraPulse to schedule the social updates around it)
I prep the tools, like streamdeck and Ecamm so everything is ready
Friday is show day
I do a dress rehearsal, the show and then repurpose and promote.

I have a checklist for each phase in my apple notes outlining every small step so I don’t forget anything.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing!!! I love seeing other people’s systems!

1 Like