Let's Chat: What kind of content is working for you or your clients on LinkedIn?

Seems like LinkedIn has a buzz right now…are you using it?

What tactics are working for you?

What type of content is getting the results you want?

4 Likes

Calling all my LinkedIn fans…what do you think? @aj1 @sarah2 @maryfainbrandt @judiwfox @dorien @theresa @louise @jencoleict @communifi @dianaparadis @rachel1 @kate2 @lori @jencoleict

2 Likes

Content that starts conversation with my network - based on my business and what we want to be known for. That’s what we do for clients too - so not ‘sales sales sales’ but more, what do you want to talk about (which is literally the LinkedIn prompt when you go to write your post!)

8 Likes

i’ve always found for myself and clients it’s more about getting involved which brings attention- having your profile set up then leads to connections and discussions which turn into actual leads or offers .

5 Likes

For us, what we’re seeing as best performing content are Newsletters, Videos, and Polls. Pretty much in that order. I do know I read/saw LinkedIn is putting less stock as far as their algorithm on Polls moving forward. However, we’re still seeing great success with them.

Newsletters though overall has been by far the best performing content I’d say over the last three months or so.

6 Likes

Good question @deb ! Story telling is working really well right now for my clients - and myself. Adding value in terms of knowledge or thought leadership and weaving that knowledge into stories is what is producing more comments.

4 Likes

I’ve found document type posts are working quite well too. Rx

4 Likes

It changes all the time which tells me it’s about the CONTENT.

1. Storytelling is hot, but I like it best when you can circle the story back to your business or a tip.
  2. Our LinkedIn Audio Events are gaining traction. We typically have over 200 people signed for each episode.
    Still navigating the best ways to get those folks into a funnel.
  3. Highlighting others is fun, and gets a ton of engagement because you can reach the network of those you highlight… right @sarah2 ?
5 Likes

You have got it there, @maryfainbrandt ! bigging up others works really well - you’re very generous with your bigging up! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Really interested in LinkedIn Newsletters but have a few questions. Are you using them instead of, or in addition to, traditional email marketing newsletters? And if you are using both forms, do you duplicate the content or do you write completely different newsletters for each platform?

3 Likes

Possibly controversial but, from what I’ve seen, posts that are much more personal are the ones getting the reach. Perhaps it’s the ‘This isn’t Facebook’ comments that help them along the way!

3 Likes

my issue i have with newsletters is that so many of my connections jumped on board and i was inundated - and it became overwhelming as I don’t have time to check what is quality. On top of that there was no message to say “hey i’m trying linkedin newsletters and this edition is about …” I think the strategy and approach needs to be considered first :blush:

5 Likes

Those are really good points @communifi, I think a little more transparency would go a long way in nurturing relationships. I get more signups to my email newsletter when I tell people some of the actual things I’m writing about. I’m still on the fence about whether to produce a LinkedIn version as well. I was more interested in a demonstration of LinkedIn Audio, yesterday. I think that could be much more valuable on LinkedIn.

4 Likes

Hi @joanna1 we are using them as something completely separate from traditional email marketing newsletters. The name is kind of off-putting as it’s not really a “newsletter” in the traditional sense. They are posted as a regular News Feed post as well. The “newsletter” part is that anyone who subscribes receives a specific notification about a new newsletter “post”.

Now they are all under the ‘Newsletter’ section if you Feature them on your profile which is nice. I like that feature as people can choose to read one, then see others and they binge consume your content which is great!

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation @EddieGarrison - I was a bit confused about how they work but that sounds quite good actually. I’m going to look into them a bit more now :grin:

4 Likes

@joanna1 the Social Media Pulse team is testing LinkedIn Newsletters! Here’s ours if you want to subscribe to check it out!

4 Likes

@deb - Excellent, Deb! I’ve just subscribed. I’m really keen to see the different ways people are using LinkedIn Newsletters. Have you got the new LinkedIn Audio feature yet? I got invited to a friend’s testing of the service and I was really impressed. Great for having the chance to talk to groups.

3 Likes

Tons of great responses :slight_smile: I enjoy using :fox_face: R.O.C.K.S. to summarize what is working:

R - Relatable Content - Sometimes with extra comments “This is not Facebook” per @bizpaul
O - Opinion - Poll Questions are great for these posts (as @EddieGarrison mentioned)
C - Comments - Great comments repurposed into your own posts (i.e. continuing relevant conversations people already want to have on LinkedIn)
K - Knowledge - Document Posts, Newsletter Articles are great ways to share your knowledge, repurpose content to convert to clients
S - Success Posts - We love celebrating milestones and wins!

And loving the new features like Audio Events as @maryfainbrandt mentioned (But that “A” doesn’t fit as well into the acronym :slight_smile: unless I make it CROAKS :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@judiwfox ROCKS sounds better than CROAKS😆

3 Likes

where is @judihays ? :slight_smile: (She has a FABULOUS book on how to use LinkedIn) - If you follow her… on LinkedIn… you’ll see many posts that will uphold all these wonderful suggestions and strategies. https://www.linkedin.com/in/judihays/

3 Likes