Let's Chat: Social Media Managers Using Personal Branding!

As a social media manager…do you have a personal brand?
Why or why not?

If you have one…feel free to add your logo here…or even a link to your website so we can check it out!

2 Likes

I do!

3 Likes

Love that graphic, Eddie!

I’ve tossed around the idea of creating a website and logo for my own personal brand, but for now I’m just letting how I show up on Insta, Twitter, LinkedIn and my Facebook Brand Page speak for my personal brand.

4 Likes

Cheers @jencoleict I did it as I have two similar but different audiences when it comes to who I work with. My company that does social media management, etc. & my personal brand that coaches other creators, etc. Similar in industry, but two totally different audiences & messages.

2 Likes

Creating a personal brand was the turning point for me. As much as I wanted to build a business that can scale and grow, I thought I needed to keep it generic and keep myself out of the brand. In my case, that was not working for me. Once I embraced personal branding and making myself the ‘product’, everything turned around in a big way.

4 Likes

That really makes a lot of sense, Amanda. You’ve done a fantastic job building that personal brand over the last several years and it’s so great to see you level up (literally all the time!) Keep rockin it, sister!

1 Like

My personal brand is all about personal branding!

Though I do need to update Gritmon.com since I’m shifting what I want to do (less client work, more speaking/writing/etc.). Thankfully the things I want to move into are fully compatible with my existing brand!

1 Like

I do & I did even back when it wasn’t even a phrase. I was working in a non-profit and listened to a speaker talk about how only a handful of people give to a cause - most people follow a passionate person and that is what actually started the connection with the organization. It was an AHA to me that people will follow & look for people they already trust no matter where they invest or partner their time.

2 Likes

That’s a cool story! I was kind of the same way back before it kind of became a buzz word. Back then (2011-ish) for me it was well-known Zumba Instructors who would travel the region and host “ZIN Jams” on certain weekends. (I was a Zumba Instructor considering that as a career path option for myself at one time!) Once I discovered that social media was a bigger passion, I started gravitating online to names like Brian Fanzo, Amy Schmittauer (Landino now!) and known folks in Wichita’s local scene. It was only a few years ago that I realized that a personal brand was something I should strive to achieve for myself, lol.

1 Like

When I was first building my personal brand as a local journalist and then “social media person,” every local non-profit wanted a piece of me to bring attention to their cause. I got free tickets to so many galas, and only took the ones where I knew I’d actively be working with the organization as a volunteer. Even then, I stopped taking the free tickets after a while, because I wanted to give my (limited) funds to the organizations’ important work!
A few years ago I left all the boards I was on and sort of rescinded myself from public stuff locally, and then the pandemic hit…but now I’m working on ways I can help specific orgs again in ways both private (already doing a bit of that) and public, since it does, in fact, help them a lot.

1 Like

I want a @jencoleict Zumba TikTok account!!!
You can get me exercising, and I can drink @julieriley8125’s shakes—I can be skinny and strong by the fall!

1 Like

Website is in midst of a remodel/reorganization (after 10 years, it’s time!) but the logo and visual branding will remain the same.

I’m getting an error message that I cannot include links in the post, even though the original post said to add them. If you want to look, it’s at www . UnleashingTheNextChapter . com

2 Likes

Hi @kathryn1 – thank you for sharing! Sorry about the link prohibition, it’s a new user thing. You have to reach trust level 1 to share links. Check out How do trust levels work? for more detail.

I went ahead and bumped you up a level – it’s pretty clear you’re not a spam bot :sunglasses: – so you can now share links, etc.

Thanks for hanging with us!

2 Likes

Before social media existed as we know it today, around 2000ish I was building a brand known for the “Training Guy”. There were a lot of discussion boards that corporate people were utilizing to find people to fit a need they had. For me, that was designing training programmes for their businesses. I was able to work with brands like Wal-Mart, Central Coast Bank & Circuit City.

It’s funny to look back & see what labels/titles were put on certain things & how those are still “things” just called something else. I was live streaming certain training programmes or hosting certain training programmes in 2004/05 but it wasn’t called that.

3 Likes