Job Title: Lead Content Creator + Editor, Social Media
Company: Rivian · Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Lead Content Creator+ Editor, Social Media will sit within our Creative Marketing Team, while working day-to-day within our Social Media Squad. Working as a cross-functional team you will collaborate with strategists, writers and art directors all with an eye towards building best-in-class social media campaigns and content. You’ll be responsible for developing and editing visual across our social media channels.
You are passionate for social media with a strong understanding of platforms and their audiences. You are a natural storyteller and thrive in a fast-paced environment, working under tight deadlines and you will routinely need balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Squad to develop content strategy, monthly posting calendar and content pillars for across all social platforms; Facebook, Instagram, X, Threads, YouTube and TikTok
- Script, shoot and edit content that aligns with marketing strategies, product launches and key campaigns
- Create content across photo, video and graphics for both organic and paid social
- Shoot content using iPhone and other professional camera equipment
- Edit and refine content to meet quality standards, visually appealing, and optimized for social media platforms
- Travel to various locations to capture content
- Stay up to date on internet and automotive culture, staying nimble and open to experimenting with new creative concepts
- Ability to research, script and shoot engaging content while maintaining brand authenticity
- Identify and monitor emerging social media trends and technologies
- Contribute to other projects when needed
- A passion for social media
- Extensive knowledge of social media best practices and content formats across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, X, Threads and TikTok
- 5+ years experience creating content for social media
- 4+ years videography and video editing
- Portfolio demonstrating storytelling social media and links to social media accounts
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Intriguing storyteller, out of the box thinker and engaging personality
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Exceptional presentation skills for internal creative presentations
- Expert in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to change directions quickly
- Ability to receive feedback and execute modifications to in-progress projects
- Attention to detail, strategic thinking and instincts for creative storytelling
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Collaborative spirit; sense of humor and shared purpose
- Willingness to travel and working during non-traditional hours when needed
- Travel 30% of time
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $153,000-$173,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected] .
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.