Introduce Yourself!

WOW! It seems like you have a very busy schedule that is freaking awesome.

What’s your favorite social media platform to create on right now?

1 Like

Wanted to welcome all of our @New_Members who joined in the last few weeks!!! :tada: :rocket: :space_friend:

It’s a true honor that you decided to join Social Media Pulse!

Every Wednesday, we invite those of you who just blasted off :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: with us to introduce yourselves here – your fellow SMPers will love it if you’ll share:

1. Who you are
2. What your job/role in social is
3. Where you are located
4. Something you love to talk about

:space_friend: You might want to check out our current campaign we call a “mission”:

We’ve spent all of November on Mission: LinkedIn to get the most out of LinkedIn, so check it out! We’ve got all kinds of resources!

Thanks again for joining us and we’ll see you out there!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! :wave: My name is Ashley and I work as the Social Media Coordinator & Content Coordinator for my company, Wrk, an automation solution provider. I am responsible for creating all of our organic social media content, publishing it, and overall managing our channels and launching new ones! I am located in Ottawa in Canada.

I love to chat about all things content, professional development, and books as I read a lot! :blush: I hope to make more connections in the space so we can share knowledge and learn from each other. A big goal of mine for the next year is to build and establish my own personal brand a bit more and write more for pleasure!

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Alissa Paolella. I’ve been a social media manager since 2014 and am currently the senior content editor and copywriter/storyteller for a digital marketing agency in central Ohio. I support marketing efforts, including social media, for the agency and clients. I also run a freelance digital marketing business. Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alissa-paolella/.

I love talking about justice, inclusion, mental health, and my cat, Midge.

3 Likes

Hidy Ho, SMP neighbors!

I’m Roger Burnett, rajabee to many, soGOODRaja by day, leading the charge to keep our clients branded merch/swag/promotional products (whatever title you assign to the stuff bearing your company logo) OUT of landfills.

I founded Social Good Promotions in 2019 with a strong dose of inspiration that came from my role as co-founder of PromoCares back in 2018. PromoCares is a branded-merch industry initiative dedicated to elevating the perception of our marketing medium in comparison to other advertising spend, and we’ve been championing the efforts of those in our marketplace focused on an objective beyond profit ever since. It was in those go-go early years of PromoCares that I realized how little and at the same time how much our marketing medium can provide in terms of value, when done well, when done in conjunction with other forms of marketing, when it’s not an “oh crap, we need some merch, somebody buy something” kind of reactionary purchase.

We’ve pulled off some amazing things in the 5 years since we started PromoCares, and it was in the sessions with my co-collaborators that I planted the seeds that became soGOOD Promo in 2019. While my clothes and my family are found just north of Ann Arbor, MI, we travel the US in our converted Sprinter van for weeks at a time, traveling the country connecting with others seeking ways to use their businesses to make the world a better place, documenting it all and sharing the highlights on our numerous social media channels dedicated to those efforts. (PS - I manage all those channels along with my day job as our primary salesperson for the company, no small feat for a non-digital native!)

I love talking about big ideas, exploring ways to tell the stories of others who share my love for focusing our business efforts on something greater than profit, and beer. (ok, bourbon too) I can’t wait to connect with as many of you as would be interested in doing so, as while I have much to share, I have even more to learn from all of you.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Waving Hi @alissa.paolella glad you joined us! Hope you get a chance to dive into some of the #agency resources we have! Plus don’t miss our Agency Mastermind MeetUp…next one is in January!

Hi @ashley1 Happy you joined us! Hope you’ll keep your eye out for our upcoming Favorite book of 2022 post that’s coming later this month!

Hi Roger…love your mission! Hope you enjoy SMP!

Welcome, welcome @New_Members!!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

We are so excited you decided to join the Social Media Pulse!

Every week, we invite those of you who just blasted off :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: with us to introduce yourselves here – we’d love it if you’ll share:

1. Who you are
3. Where you are located

Be sure you check out this month’s mission #12-days-of-Tiktok

Hello everyone. My name is Jay Johnson. I am getting reacclimated to all my SMMS education I received back in 2016. Wow, so much has changed. I am located in Dallas. Right now, I will be tailoring my social around monetizing Youtube, IG, and LinkedIn content, as well as consulting for others and leveraging private labeling products as a supplementary passive income stream.

Hi Y’all. I’m in a rough spot to introduce myself here, lol. All my Social media accounts have been hacked and before y’all ask if I talked to anyone at FB or IG there is no option for that, I’m being extorted and if I do anything they will go after my families accounts. I’ve had my business since 2016 and I’ve watched all go down in flames. The only poetic justice I’ve gotten is that somehow I’m still attached my old LLC account, so I went in and blocked him. That felt pretty good. Lol. FB. And I just aren’t fast enough for these guys they are crazy fast with their codes. BUT the guy who did this to me isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed and advertised his ILLEGAL services so talking to the FTC and the FBICCU was fun, now it going to the attorney general etc. Y’all I’m tired, they can have it.
So, what I’m going to do is use what I do know and help as much as I can some how. I love IG & I’m a life long learner.So, if there is over-researching to be done🙋🏻‍♀️
#community-chat

3 Likes

Glad you are here @dani Sorry you’ve been hacked! That’s the worst! Hope you’ll enjoy hanging out with your new Space Friends! Feel free to ask questions in Community Chat!

1 Like

Hi Dani! Great meeting you, and so SO sorry you’re dealing with that. I had to hop in here and reply for empathetic reasons. We had thousands of dollars in bank fraud on our business checking account mid-November, and it’s STILL causing issues. The fraudster set up additional accounts with auto-transfers and wrecked just about every vendor relationship I had.

Hang in there! Or let us know when you decide to build all-new accounts and I’m sure we’ve got the people here to give you a good boost.

What’s your ideal client like?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! I really am not sure what my ICA would need bc, sorry typing w/ one hand dog in the other. Lol! I have to decide what I can do now that I don’t have a seasoned account, or any account, really.

1 Like

Welcome, welcome @New_Members!!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

We are so excited you decided to join the Social Media Pulse Community!

We’d love to invite those of you who just blasted off :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: with us to introduce yourselves here – please share:

1. Who you are
3. Where you are located

Here’s a navigation tip for you…lots of our content is themed around a monthly Mission…we gather everything Mission-related into one central “Mission Control” post to make things easy to find! Hope you’ll check out some of our recent missions! They are packed with actionable tips and resources from outstanding contributors!

Mission: Relationship Marketing
Mission: Workflows for Social Media Managers
Mission: 12 Days of Tiktok
Mission: LinkedIn
Camp Space Friend: IG Reels

1. Who you are
  3. Where you are located*

Hi everybody. I’m Kain, located in London, UK and I run a film production company, so all of my advertising takes place on SM and I’m responsible for making that happen. The main channels I use are LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo and I love the art the art of filmmaking, it’s history and important figures in the subject; work doesn’t feel like work for me at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the intro!!! Love having a film maker in the house!!! Welcome!

1 Like

I’m having trouble getting started again. I think I’ve lost sight of my purpose. The guy who’s hacked my account won’t stop harassing me and keeps messaging me from my own account. He’s also acting as me and getting money from accounts in Facebook through my messenger.

1 Like

Hey @roger it’s great to meet you! What a great story and I will for sure start following your social media channels because anything that involved travel, I love. How many countries have you traveled to in the US? I am assuming a good bit if you are the primary salesperson. Can’t wait to connect more! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds horrible! I hope things have gotten better since then. The SMP Community is always here to make things a little more positive :slight_smile:

1 Like