Introduce yourself & the Nonprofit you work with ❤️

@janis.mcadoo2013 wanted to make sure you got to connect with other nonprofit people!

1 Like

My name is Janis McAdoo. One of my clients is Mercy House, a nonprofit that helps single pregnant women with housing, hope and help. We provide housing for up to 1 year, help them learn a skill and receive some kind of a certification that would help them earn more money, life skills, transitional housing after they leave our program, transportation and more. Most women we help have experienced trauma like sex abuse or trafficking.

3 Likes

Hi This is Chandan from India from the city of Mumbai and I just recently completed Digital Marketing entire course from Skill Up by Simplilearn. I am new to this Socialmediapulse community and have only learnt the basics of Digital Marketing but no practise at all. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on how to proceed further to make myself really good at it.

2 Likes

Wow. What you are doing is amazing! I know for me that would be super hard. I am very empathetic and tend to soak in our people are feeling so I would literally just be crying the entire time. But, I am so grateful for people like you that can help women that have experienced that trauma.

Do you run social media or marketing there? How do y’all promote that this is a resource to your community?

2 Likes

Hi there! It’s great to have you in the community. I would recommend you check out our content and courses sections. They have some great resources on how to further learn and grow in social media marketing. I would also encourage you to go to the connect tab and check out the different groups that you can join. Those are where the conversations go down! That is where you can learn a lot more about social media and digital marketing.

In terms of being “really good” at digital marketing, I would encourage you to change your mindset. All of us in this community are continue to learn and grow in our craft. That is why we are! Instead of thinking about being “really good” maybe think about how you can connect with people to learn more. I know for me it has helped to realize that all of us have so much room to grow and share with each other. Embrace conversation and connectivity and I think you will learn a lot!

1 Like

I focus on Mens Social Emotional Health
SF but all over the world our work happens
We help men cry, yell (aka release emotions) and even say I love you to other men and help them open their hearts

3 Likes

I love this so much! What is the name of your company?

2 Likes

Thank you, Jeremy! Yes, I run their social media and marketing. We share how women change as they go through our program.

3 Likes