If you were to have coffee with a social media mentor - what would you ask them?

Would you try to find out how they get new clients? Would you ask them about how they deal with getting pulled in a million directions? Let’s discuss here…

What is the future for social media professionals who don’t care about building a personal brand, like to lurk on the internet and learn and are good at their job?

3 Likes

The future is - you will always have work and income as not everyone should be a personal brand. The ability to get things done is a skill that will never go out of value. I recommend you read the book “Rocket Fuel” by Gino Wickman and Mark Winters https://rocketfueluniversity.com/ and take the assessments – sounds like you might be what they call an Integrator. Integrators make a business work – and are a necessary part of the equation.

2 Likes

Thank you for that incredible insight, motivation and great book recommendation, Phyllis! I did not know that Integrators were a thing and it makes me happy to be able to find a community that ‘sees’ me.

2 Likes

I can say…I’ve worked in marketing for years and have always “stood behind” my clients. I never really focused on building a personal brand. In fact, that wasn’t really important when I started. However, today, looking back…I now wish I had started mine when others did.

2 Likes

Looking back, I have similar regrets about certain platforms but I really just enjoy working in the background a lot. I am also still extremely wary of the personal brand becoming bigger than the job because I have seen it backfire as well as succeed at strategy level.

2 Likes