Holiday Chat: When do you stop working for the holidays?

It’s the season to take time off for the holidays…when do you stop working?

3 Likes

Apart from the main days like Christmas and New Years, I’ve always worked. Prior to getting I suppose a more corporate job, I would not have those holidays off so I’d work them. Used to work 7 days a week.

2 Likes

Depends on how organized I am – I drop the number of tasks - but normally I do those few things manually daily. If I scheduled them instead I could take many days off. I have trust issues with scheduling… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I try to have a week or two off but sometimes you just have to work. When I worked in education I would get 11 paid weeks a year and i miss that ha ha!

2 Likes

Pretty soon :slight_smile:

Meant to give clients and contacts a better heads up this year. Typically - we will take from the 21st to Jan 5th.

At the same time - we are still available for a couple key clients … more on standby …nothing life threatening.

1 Like

I save my vacation for the holidays! I’m working Monday the 19th but then off the rest of the time. I will pop in and check on things during my time off

2 Likes

Have a great Holiday!! :slight_smile: I’ll probably be here every day still haha

1 Like

In the past, I’ve worked mostly in higher education and things get really SLOW over the holidays, slowing down around December 18. I would pop in and out and put out fires, but not really “work” until after the first of the year.

This is the first year I intend to just take a few days around the Christmas holiday. I am hopeful to get a lot of deep work done that week of December 27 because I think a lot of my colleagues will be on vacation. We’ll see!

2 Likes

I hope you have a great Christmas holiday and really get to enjoy that time off!

1 Like

Working through Friday (but as Friday is my birthday, I admit I won’t be going full throttle)!

Christmas Drinking GIF by Christine Gritmon

1 Like

I love the updated profile pic, Phyllis! :heart:

2 Likes

A lot of people do that, Deb! My husband used to have super short weeks in December because he had to use his up!
I don’t travel for the holidays and I know it’s always a slow time even when I’m “working” so I’m around…already using my few 2022 rollover days in January though!

1 Like

thanks - :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I admit it’s from last year - but that’s the best I can do this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Working until tomorrow 12 noon, then I am putting on my skis. Flying to Europe next week to see my family. I will be taking 2.5 half weeks off, with the second week doing a bit of email…

3 Likes

Very busy year with 3 new clients for long-term projects which is a blessing because things were unstable for my business in 2021. Moved 2 times this year, so looking forward to some time off to slow down :sleeping: I’m officially on christmas break from the 21st to January 9th but didn’t quite finish my work, so I’ll be popping on and off my computer in the next few days :innocent:

2 Likes

I’m so happy you’ll be going home for the holidays, Dorien! :heart:

Sounds like you’re very much due for a break, @nbray — I hope you get the rest you deserve! :heart:

1 Like

I hear ya—my current FB pic (with Santa) is from 2019! It’s cute, it’s festive, it works. :heart: