Holiday Chat: What's your favorite holiday food?

With the holidays around the corner…we have to talk about food! What’s your favorite holiday food? Extra points for photos!

2 Likes

Cheese is my favorite food any day of the year, but if there isn’t a cheese plate or brie en croute or something, it’s just not a holiday for me. :heart:

My husband is gluten free so instead of brie en croute we’ll be doing this brie melt thing @julia2 taught me how to make with gluten free rolls—can’t wait to try it!

Oh, and we’re an interfaith family, so latkes are also a MAJOR holiday fave (we’re making them as part of our Christmas dinner).

Shown below:

• My “Christmas wreath” of rosemary with mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and olives;

• Star cookies stacked to look like little Christmas trees;

• The “House Cake” my mother has made since the 70s (which my sister now makes), which is two Sara Lee pound cakes cut to make the house shape, then covered with canned frosting and adorned with Hershey bars and other candy (the final step is the powdered sugar “snow”) :heart:

4 Likes

YUMM! You are going to LOVE that cheese dish. I LOVE me some gluten-free Christmas cookies!

3 Likes

I love me some Paneton with either hot chocolate or coffee :slight_smile: - maybe tea?

2 Likes

I like sweet potato casserole… but my family doesn’t. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
This means the little casserole dish of this yummy dish is all mine, so I go crazy with the pecans and marshmallows!!
Sweet Potato Food GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

3 Likes

I enjoy tatertot casserole, never had sweet potato casserole. At least you get to enjoy it!!

2 Likes

It’s a huge family tradition to make my Grandma’s sugar cookies. My Dad made these with us when we were kids. I’ve been making them for 27 years!

2 Likes

My favorite dish is sourdough sausage mushrooms stuffing! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

This may sound strange to many, but my favourite holiday food from my family is my Grandmother’s Shrimp Creole. Not your typical holiday food I know, but being from a beach community, it’s always been one of my favourite Christmas Eve traditions. This was the first Christmas since my Grandmother passed earlier this year, so I miss that tradition very much.

1 Like

This looks amazing!

My favorite dish is sweet potato casserole! It’s so yummy. Have you had it before?