History is being made! Social Media Pulse's Space Friend blasts off with Artemis for a trip around the moon!

It’s a little bit crazy…but totally true. Several months ago, NASA put out a call for people to submit their names to blast into space with Artemis I, and the Social Media Pulse team decided @yourspacefriend :space_friend: should go!

Yes, Space Friend booked a spot and even received an official NASA boarding pass for blast off on Monday, August 29 :crossed_fingers:t3: (conditions need to be ideal).

Artemis I is an uncrewed (except for Space Friend) flight that will provide the foundation for human deep space exploration and demonstrate NASA’s commitment and capability to extend human existence to the Moon and beyond.

It’s a flight test to send the Orion Spacecraft around the Moon and back to Earth over a six-week mission to check out systems before crew fly aboard on Artemis II.

NASA is working towards building a community on the Moon, and we all know Space Friend knows something about building a community – hello, Social Media Pulse!

Through future Artemis missions, NASA will land the first woman and the first person of color on the Moon, paving the way for a long-term lunar presence and serving as a stepping stone to send astronauts to Mars.

Why the Moon? Let NASA break it down …

And we are excited to share the official NASA launch feed right here in Social Media Pulse!

Also … We’ll have Space Friend’s Log, a special Artemis Trip Journal where there will be regular updates from the historic journey – so bookmark that link and check in with @yourspacefriend every week!

LAUNCH BROADCAST START TIME 6:30 a.m. EDT Monday, August 29

Sadly the Launch has been scrubbed! Stay tuned.

5 Likes

Check it out, @SpaceFriends!

5 Likes

so nice of you to do this on my birthday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOVE IT!

Blast Off Space GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1 Like

Well…it appears the NASA team had some issues so Space Friend is NOT going to space today! Hearing rumors of Friday!

2 Likes

:-1: :space_friend:

3 Likes