Help with updating Payout Account for a Non Profit FB page

I manage a FB page for a nonprofit. They need me to change their Bank Account for payouts. That area is greyed out so I can’t change it. And, I also need to change the Account Owner back to the Nonprofit’s Founder. The main thing is to change our Bank Account. Any suggestions? Here’s what I’ve done:

Changing the Bank Account:
I’ve gone to:
-Professional Dashboard →
-Nonprofit Manager →
-In the body area, Go To PayoutHub →
-Settings →
-Now I see the payment method and it shows our old bank. But, if I hover over update, it shows a red circle with a line through it.
-Under Account Owner, it shows the Executive Director from 2018 as the owner. I also need to change that back to our Founder.
-I’m the Payout Account Admin. The Update button there is not greyed out but all the rest on the page area.

-I’m an Admin of the page (before switching the New Page Experience).

Changing the Page Owner:
In the page, I clicked Settings & Privacy →
Settings →
New Page Experience →
At this point, I’m supposed to see Page Transparency where I could then Claim the Page and Manage it. Although, I would want our Founder to do that.

This is what I see under New Page Experience:
-People with FB access
Me and our Founder
-Business Account access - I can access that
-Partner with Acces - me

Thank you very much!
Janis

2 Likes

Hey Janis!

Great questions. Hopefully some of our @Facebook_Experts can come and give a hand. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m still trying to learn how to make posts here. Glad there’s a tag for Facebook Experts!!!

3 Likes

Hey @janis.mcadoo2013 this page actually has a PHONE number! https://www.facebook.com/help/1078604085495021 I would start there for sure. Support with Facebook’s fundraising tools for nonprofits –

Thank you so much! I had no idea they would have a phone number!

Janis :grinning:

1 Like

if you get it sorted out - please come back and tell us all about it!

I will. So far, I called the number and got disconnected twice. Then, they had an online form but it was only for a “beneficial bank account.” I went ahead and filled out the information and added comments. Hopefully, it will work. :slight_smile:

I got the bank account updated. Thank you, Phyllis, for that link! It led to a form that I could fill out to request that Meta update the bank account. It was misleading in that it said it was for updating to a Beneficiary Bank Account and I wasn’t doing that. I put a note in the comments that it was a regular bank account. It worked!

I got a notice from Meta that said, “Because charity information must be verified, self-service updates are not offered at this time.”

They could have just said that on the settings page and supplied the form. That would’ve been easy. That’s what Amazon did.

Now, I still need to figure out how to reclaim ownership of the page from that former employee. I’m going to wait until after the 3 day period for this bank account change to be approved. Then, I’ll go back to that link Phyllis sent and see if I can find help for this next change. I’m sure it is special as well because it is a charity.

Thank you so much for your help!

Janis