Help with full-time pricing

Hey everyone, I’m throwing out a hail mary here hoping for some help. I have a chance to submit a proposal to be the full-time social media manager for a BIG brand in marketing that would be absolutely huge for my business and building my brand.
I just don’t know what to price it at seeing as I’ve been operating with smaller brands up until now.
They would still be my client, I wouldn’t be their employee, but I would have to offload some of my other clients so I could be more hands on with these guys.
The entire contract includes posting on 5 platforms every week, multiple times per day (IG, FB, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn), plus I would be a key person building out their social media strategy, and collaborating on ideas. They want me involved in 3 meetings every week with their team.
I currently charge $500 per platform per month, but I know this contract would go way beyond that scope.
Anyone have experience with this that could provide a benchmark for me? I don’t want to underprice myself!

3 Likes

Watching this space :eyes: great question Autumn!

2 Likes

@Agency Space Friends… @awilson needs some large-brand client pricing guidance…can anyone jump in with how you handle these types of clients?

2 Likes

Make it BIG.
$5000+ per month, or more.
Think about it. They get a full-time SMM for $60K.
No benefits, nothing else. It’s a steal.

So maybe make it $5500 or more.
Seriously do NOT undercut yourself! You’ll be so sorry if you do.

Make SURE if you are not an employee that they can not dictate WHEN you work.

3 Likes

I’m glad my numbers weren’t too far off in my head haha! Great advice Dorien.

2 Likes

Thank you SO much! $5000 was the number I had in my head but was thinking that was too much lol thank you!!

3 Likes

Not too much, at all. Remember, you are adding value. You’ll be consumed by this content, strategy etc. I am basing this number on a project I took during covid btw. It got me through for 20 months…
A big corp. will see your value. Why not ask for more, you can always settle for less. :wink:

3 Likes

@awilson Maybe I’m thinking too much then, but them being a Big Brand (as was stated they pay a person salary for what you’re being asked and you have more experience) and you having to offload clients, means you need that re-compensation.

If you have to post a minimum of 15x/week (guesstimating 5 Platforms - 3x Day) is 60 Posts/Month. Plus 12 meetings per month (guesstimating an hour each). Then you will also be helping them with strategy, etc. I think around $10K is more proper per month.

Example Month: $3K for Social Media, $2K for Meetings, etc. & $5K for Brand Strategy (you can decrease the price as your help is less needed on the strategy as it develops).

Take this with a grain of salt though, as I only recently started my own business and still working out all of my pricing. Please don’t roast me, lol, hope this helps!

V/R,
Omar Fonseca

3 Likes

Hahah no roast here, that’s super helpful! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Who is creating the required content? Will you have a team on their side to work with for content creation? You mention posting x number of times, meetings, strategy, etc. A $5K per month retainer fee sounds ok if you will be providing strategic consulting/meetings each month for all those platforms. If you are not and you/your team have to create the content and execute the strategy, that will completely change the scope based on the content types (video, photo, articles, etc). A large brand will require massive amounts of different content in order to execute a proper strategy across all the platforms you’re being expected to manage.

To be honest, a full-time SM for a large brand managing all those platforms is unreasonable. That brand should have a social media team. Get clear with them on what the expectations are for each platform before you present them with a proposal.

2 Likes

It’s always important to price proposals to the size of the audience that could potentially see your bid and how much value it could bring to a brand.
That’s why you can and should charge a mega-corp far more than you will a small-town business in rural nowhere.

2 Likes

Thanks @ggcommunicationsteam! They do have a social media team so they are bringing me on just to be the one to create the strategy and be the strategic side of the team making sure that each post has purpose and intention. They have a whole team of videographers and editors so it wouldn’t all fall on me. I’m just the piece of the puzzle that takes what they are creating and actually gets it out onto each platform :slight_smile:

1 Like