Job Title: Global Paid Social Media Strategist
Location: Raleigh, NC
Who You’ll Work With:
Cisco’s global media team, a part of the broader global digital marketing team, builds the strategy, activates and implements paid, owned and earned media. You will work across the global digital marketing team, regional marketing teams, corporate communications, business units and acquisition companies.
Who You Are
You are a tech enthusiast who is curious about the digital landscape with experience managing paid social for a fortune 500 company. You have innovative approach and proven track record of leading direct and in-direct teams in a virtual environment.
You are a Collaborator, relationship builder and innovator. You are able to juggle multiple projects and are data driven, with a strong focus on optimization.
A natural storyteller, able to flawlessly present to senior leaders.
- 5 years of proven experience in the paid social space.
- Experience managing agencies and partnering with platforms such as Meta, LinkedIn and Reddit.
- In-depth knowledge of social platforms including but not limited to LinkedIn, Reddit, YouTube, Meta, Tik Tok and Twitter.
- Experience managing organic social (insights, platform activation, employee advocacy programs) is a bonus but not a necessity.
- Experience activating paid social campaigns via Sprinklr is a bonus.
What You’ll Do:**
The global paid social strategist will build, implement and optimize our global paid social strategy in partnership with regional paid social leads. This role will report into the global social media organization and will be the primary interface to our paid social agency.
- Serve as the strategic advisor for all paid social media managers across the organization looking to activate paid media across LinkedIn, Twitter, Meta, Reddit and other emerging platforms.
- Oversee all paid social campaigns across regions.
- Work with media agency daily
- Primary contact for brand safety as it relates to social media marketing.
- Primary contact for platform partners such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Meta, Reddit and other emerging platforms.
- Communicate with internal leaders on the changing nature of paid social and relevant platforms including future opportunities that we need to consider.
- Activate, implement, optimize and iterate paid social campaigns.
- Advise on paid social media standard methodologies.
- Build and test an in-house paid social model.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco