šŸŽ„ā­ļø FAQ: What is Google Business Profile? (Maria Elena Duron)

Maria Elena Duron

In this Google Business FAQs series, certified Grow with Google educator Maria Elena Duron answers our burning questions about Google Business Profile.

Google Business Profile used to be known as Google My Business. It is a tool that will help you manage your informationā€”including hours of operation, business description, and products and servicesā€”so that itā€™s correct across Google Search and Google Maps.

Any business that is local is eligible to utilize Google Business Profile. You could be a storefront or a brick and mortar, but you donā€™t have to be. You could also be a home-based business whoā€™s serving the local area.

Letā€™s say your business has a warehouse thatā€™s not customer-facing, or you only do business at your office by appointment. All of that still makes you eligible to use Google Business Profile. A lot of people believe that they canā€™t use the profile if they donā€™t have a storefront or an office front, but you can suppress your address and make sure that itā€™s not published while still showing that you service the area.

Letā€™s say that youā€™re a skin care representative for an organization thatā€™s based in Dallas, Texas. If you work in another area and people are looking for somebody locally, they can now search and find you. You can identify the area that you serve either by city, by zip code, or by county.

Google Business Profileā€™s super power is in keeping it very, very local. I see way too many people try to make it nationwide, but there are other tools for that. Google Business Profile is very local-focused.

Maria Elena Duron @maria
:star2: Social Media Advisory Board Member
klibrand.com
:fire: I help small biz who are frustrated with digital marketing
:chart_with_upwards_trend:Use free Google tools to reach customers in key moments
:trophy: Speaker/Writer/ Google Trainer
TikTok

Most donā€™t understand the power of this tool for their local marketing efforts and how it can amplify what youā€™re doing on social. Only 26% of business have a Google Business Profile posting strategy. The opportunity is ā€œripe for the picking.ā€

1 Like