🎥⭐️ FAQ: Twitter Spaces (Madalyn Sklar)

Madalyn Sklar

Twitter expert Madalyn Sklar guides us through some ways to use Twitter Spaces.

I love Twitter Spaces! When it first became available I was a beta host so I got to jump into it very early on.

Like Twitter chats—which i’ve been hosting for over 11 years—I’ve found Spaces are also a great way to bring people together for a period of time (usually an hour) and have conversations on topics that resonate with you. It’s a way to find like-minded people and build or grow your community.

There are 3 different rooms I co-host every week, and they’re all very different:

Twitter Smarter (Thursday 5 pm ET)

I’ve hosted the #TwitterSmarter chat every week since 2015. When I started hosting in Spaces, I thought, why not have a part two to the chat where we move to Spaces for an audio-only conversation? I’ve been doing that for over a year now.

It’s been so much fun, so successful; it’s a great way to take this active community that I have and keep building on it. People who aren’t familiar with me are finding out about this discussion, and I’m meting new people and building up my tribe.

All Things Audio (Wednesday 3 pm ET)

My co-host and I come together each week and we talk about the latest in social audio. This was an experiment that has gone so well; people love coming each week and hearing us talk about the latest news.

We’re having so much fun with it that we started recording it and turned it into a podcast! You can set Spaces to record, but the recording only stays available on Twitter for 30 days, so we decided early on we’d make a podcast so all this great content could live on.

Twitter Audits (Saturday 1 pm ET)

I did this room as a huge experiment that I didn’t think would really work—but it’s been my most successful!

Every week we come together and review Twitter profiles: we give them an audit and help people make their Twitter profiles better.

Many of these people have heard about me, but maybe didn’t know much about what I could do to help, and then they come and see that I know a lot about how to market on Twitter. Others haven’t heard of me and they stumble upon all this great free content. It’s a great way to showcase what my knowledge is and how I can help people so I can hopefully turn that into dollars through getting business.

The possibilities with Twitter Spaces are unlimited; use your imagination to host people and bring them together over a topic that interests you!

Madalyn Sklar @madalynsklar
:star2: Social Media Advisory Board Member
Twitter Marketing Expert.
Tattoo-wearing social media evangelist.
Host of the #TwitterSmarter chat on Thursdays 1pm ET.

1 Like

This is great. I’m a huge fan of all things Twitter and you (@madalynsklar) have certainly utilized all the nice things there.

2 Likes