🎥⭐️ FAQ: Instagram Reels (Jenn Herman)

Jenn Herman

Instagram expert Jenn Herman tells us her best practices for using Instagram Reels for business.

Instagram reels are the thing right now. Instagram is pushing them hard; Facebook is now pushing them hard as well.

They’re trying to be ultra competitive and they want you to create reels. They’re rewarding reels creators with higher reach, more exposure on their content.

But how do you do it in a way that’s not just dancing, or taking another video and making it into a reel?

Think about what your audience is looking for. Instagram reels will be shown to people who like similar related content. So if you’re doing educational content, that’s great; keep doing it! If that’s what your audience typically interacts with, they’re going to like it in a reel as well. DIY, tips and tutorials, quick-hitting facts, frequently asked questions—you can still do all those, you just want to film them in that vertical video format.

Ideally, we want to make sure that we’re mixing up the content and not always doing the same thing. Play with it; maybe do a behind the scenes, a meet the team, or a product preview. Don’t always make it the same content, but you want to have a kind of theme with your reels so that when people do find it and then if they go look at your other reels, they’re going to see similar content that’s all about your brand, it’s all consistent with your other type of content—
not just on Instagram, but across the Internet—so that it’s relevant and timely, but also well-branded and they can recognize it as yours and determine if they really want to interact with it.

Made your reels? Check out Jenn’s tips for getting more views!

Jenn Herman @jenn
:star2: Social Media Advisory Board Member
Jenn Herman is a social media consultant, speaker, and globally recognized Instagram expert. She is the forefront blogger on Instagram marketing and author of “Instagram for Dummies”.

Tell Us Below:

Is your business using Instagram Reels?

What’s working for you?

1 Like

I’ve wondered how to create reels where I don’t have to dance. :sweat_smile: My most popular reels include my dogs. Now off to think of ways to create reels for my business. Thanks for the insights, @jenn

2 Likes