🎥⭐️ FAQ: How Can I Tell If I'm Getting A Good ROAS On LinkedIn? (AJ Wilcox)

AJ Wilcox

In this LinkedIn Ads FAQs series, AJ Wilcox, a LinkedIn advertising expert and Social Media Advisory Board (SMAB) member, answers our burning questions about how to advertise on LinkedIn.

How can I tell if my LinkedIn ads are effective?

Being effective on an ad platform is really hard if you don’t have a history with that ad platform.

You might be tempted to compare your performance with Facebook–but LinkedIn’s ad costs tend to be three to eight times higher than Facebook’s. If you just compare on a cost per lead or a cost per conversion basis, LinkedIn is going to lose every time.

But here’s where the magic is: way more of your LinkedIn leads will be sales-qualified leads, simply because Facebook’s targeting is often not as good for finding the right business prospects for you.

Whatever you’re doing, whether it’s on LinkedIn or anywhere else, make sure you have visibility into the lead quality. You can see the leads that are going into your CRM. You can see what your sales team is doing with them, or you can see what their lead score is. If you do this and you then start comparing a cost per sales qualified lead, or a cost per proposal given, or a cost per closed deal, between LinkedIn and Facebook, I’m sure you’re going to want to keep advertising on LinkedIn.

AJ Wilcox @aj1
:star2: Social Media Advisory Board Member
LinkedIn Ads pro, founded B2Linked.com, a LinkedIn Ads-specific agency. He’s managed over $150M in spend, official LinkedIn partner, host of the LinkedIn Ads Show podcast. Utah, USA.

3 Likes

So helpful! Thanks for the insight, AJ. :smiley:

2 Likes