🎥⭐️ FAQ: Assessing If An Influencer Partnership Makes Sense (Mike Allton)

Mike Allton

Influencer marketing expert Mike Allton tells us how to assess if a partnership makes sense for our brand.

I have a whole bunch of criteria that I use and that I recommend when I’m looking at a relationship myself or if I’m advising another brand.

The number one thing that I tell people to look at is something I call “brand fit”:
How well does a particular influencer match up with your brand?

It could be voice, style, content, or their audience.

If you are looking at an influencer, and you’re seeing some of their content and some of the posts that they’ve created on social media, how comfortable would you be if it was your name on that post? If they were talking with your voice, in your brand name, and your logo next to the things that they were saying
in the comments, in the posts, how would you feel about that?

There’s no set scale that you can apply to this; it’s just a feeling.

Mike Allton @mike.allton
:star2: Social Media Advisory Board Member
Mike is an award-winning blogger, speaker, and author at The Social Media Hat, and Head of Strategic Partnerships at Agorapulse where he strengthens relationships with influencers and brand partners.

Tell Us Below:

Does your brand or organization use influencers?

How do you choose them?

@mike.allton I worked with a corporation that used Influencers. It’s HARD choosing the right ones and the right fit, for sure! We started by looking at the brand’s avatars and tried finding influencers who looked liked them - as authenticity is key in influencer marketing. Next was platform specific influencers, and then we looked at voice, style, content, and their audience.

1 Like