Facebook New Page Experience

How long did it take you to get used to the Facebook New Page Experience? Are you still getting used to it? I feel like I’m switching back and forth all day. Who’s in this boat with me?

2 Likes

None of the Pages we manage has it actually. Honestly, I’m not sure if they ever will or what. Not really sure how the New Page Experience is rolled out.

2 Likes

FB will just slap it on at some point - no warning.

1 Like

That’s a worry. It’s not that it’s bad/better it’s the inner-workings that I’ve heard/seen that are drastically different. On the back end I mean as far as SMM’s are concerned.

2 Likes

It’s very confusing at first. It takes some time to get used to it. I’ve had one large client in it for a long time and I can navigate the thing fairly easily now. But I was not happy at first. All I do all day long is “switch” back and forth between my personal account (where I can manage every page except the large client) and into the New Page Experience account. It’s mostly bothersome if anything.

2 Likes

That sounds very counterproductive to me, which I am no fan of. But like anything, you get used to it & the process becomes easier I suppose.

3 Likes

Has it for one client for about 12 months when the client forced the move :woozy_face:. It is getting less confusing the more I use it. I had problems at the bringing with doing com-man in the inbox, without assigning which still isn’t working properly.

2 Likes

The New Pages Experience is a solid frustration for me from an ads perspective. There are too many quirks and glitches with how it talks to your Business Account and insights are seriously lacking. But I’m hopeful that it will improve. My own Page was automatically converted to the NPE and I switched it back within less than an hour, but it killed my branded URL. That meant that all of my links to my FB Page from blogs, podcasts, events etc were all broken. I had support help me get it reclaimed. It was a hassle. So at this point I’d say if you get switched into it, it’s time to ride it out and not switch back. Keep in mind if you switch back to a Classic Page, you lose any content that was created as a NPE as well as the followers and engagement. Eventually I think we will all be on the NPE as Facebook gets Business Suite more built out. The account “switching” really is a big pain. I feel you!

5 Likes

I have it on one page - using it as a testing ground. LOL. I only do organic, so unlike @amanda I am not finding it too difficult.

4 Likes

I just got it this week and it is AWFUL. I absolutely despise the constant switching. I also can’t figure out how to do a lot of things i used to be able to do.

I knew about the “new Pages” from past clients whose pages changed early, but I had never seen this switching nonsense before. It is a nightmare and makes me so much less inclined to go onto Facebook…

3 Likes