Facebook Events -- what works?

Who here uses Facebook Events to post their in-person, paid events? My organization will have several in-person events throughout the fall and we typically publish an event on Facebook for each one. I understand the benefit of doing that, in that it will potentially bring in new attendees who are not already part of our audience. However, few people seem to engage with the events on Facebook, making me wonder if it is truly worth it. Any thoughts??

Side note, I have added in tracking measures to see how many people are signing up for the events through Facebook going forward.

3 Likes

Hi @lewhitmire sorry for the delay in replying! Thanks for posting in Social Media Pulse! I know your pain with Facebook events! I think lately with Facebook moving things around so much and the feeds changing for different people it’s just harder for people to even find FB events!

BUT…given you want as much exposure as possible I wouldn’t give up using them.

Some questions for you…Where is your audience? What type of event is it? Are you posting these as your page or in a group? Personally, I do like getting reminders of events from FB.

Have you used Eventbrite at all? I have a client who lists a free class for people to start a business and she gets A LOT of people who see it on Eventbrite.

3 Likes

@dorien @phylliskhare do you have any thoughts on this?

2 Likes

My clients use Eventbrite and then we post to the socials, but rarely do we use FB Events to promote it. So my experience is limited in that way for Paid events. It seems invaluable to those who use it for community festivals and art shows - and as a consumer I LOVE that they are using FB Events so I can click to say I’m going and share it with my friends to join me. But those are for low-cost events.

1 Like

Thanks @deb for the info. We definitely will keep using FB events and have been working on different ways to promote them.

Our audience is all across Tennessee, so it is nice to have the event posted on FB where people can stumble upon it. We post the events as a page, but are going to start testing posting them in groups as well once event season kicks off in a few weeks.

I did see that FB works well with Eventbrite, however we already use a different CRM that incorporates our event registrations.

Hopefully we’ll start to see what works and what doesn’t as we try different things!

1 Like