Experience working with video teams? What system to organize content to shoot?

Hey everyone! Just landed a new client that I’m working with remotely, but they have a video and editing team on the ground with them. So, my role is to basically coordinate them so that their filming days are the most productive.
I will be in charge of laying out the outline for what content needs to be filmed.

I haven’t worked with an experienced team like this, and they haven’t worked with a social media manager before, so we are trying to establish an effective system for creating this outline.

Does anyone have experience working with teams like this? If so, what system do you have set up to create an outline so the videographers know what content to shoot?

3 Likes

Hi @awilson I work with a video team. We use Asana Boards for all the video projects. The video team uses the Sub-tasks to list everything that needs to happen and I can add to it. Each Board Card has a built-in comment for conversation about all the things related to just that video. It works great. Are you familiar with Asana?

3 Likes

Thanks @phylliskhare!! I am familiar with Asana and they are using it right now but just for ideas and then turning them into posts, but not for the steps in between. That would be a seamless transition though seeing as they are already using it! So do you put the script and everything in there?

3 Likes

yes, for everything. but you might need to reconfigure how you use the system. I love the Board view, but maybe your team would prefer the calendar view. it still puts all the info in all the views, but the one you work with the most is the most important one to configure. For example, in the Board view - the description area will ONLY contain the finished video link and iframe code, and the sub-tasks are all assigned and given due dates. the images are all there too – I’ll go get a very simple one and take a screenshot

2 Likes

This was a simple video project. Many of them have about 5 subtasks before the Edit Video Part. One of those will typically be the script and the list of affiliate links to use - and any brand deal images that have to be included etc. And you can see at the end a long conversation about all the moving parts during this process. Once a video is published it’s marked Completed at the top and moved to another column in the board View called Published.

Anyway, it’s one system to consider since they already use asana. Most people only use about 10% of what asana can provide.

2 Likes

how some of the Boards look - hope all of this helps @awilson

2 Likes

That is SO helpful @phylliskhare thank you so much!!

3 Likes

you are most welcome - happy to help.