Everything you need to know about LinkedIn Lead Gen Ads (Julbert Abraham)

Julbert Abraham

Did you know that LinkedIn is 277% more effective in generating leads than any other social media platform (according to HubSpot)?

It’s not a surprise that 80% of total B2B leads come from LinkedIn.

We can say that in the digital space, LinkedIn is THE OG. And what’s the best way to generate leads on this miraculous platform? Through LinkedIn Lead Gen ads.

If history’s any indication, LinkedIn Lead Gen ads are really effective—given that you do them right.

Who should run LinkedIn ads and who shouldn’t?

First things first, I suggest you go through this checklist before running ads. You should run ads only if you fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

1. Should be earning at least $10k a month from your business

2. Should have a proven high-ticket offer (i.e. $3K and up)

3. Should have been in business for a while

4. Should already have a warm market

5. Should have a small to medium client base

If your business ticks all these boxes, congratulations!

If it doesn’t, don’t worry—you’ll be there soon.

1. Start off by deciding on a budget

LinkedIn ads require quite a budget for them to show substantial results.

I suggest spending $1.5k/month in the initial testing stage. Once you start running ads properly, $2.5k/mo is a good starter budget. You can always scale from there and progressively increase the budget.

2. Strategy

There are several strategies that can be used to run LinkedIn ads. From my experience, one of the proven and tested strategies I recommend is divided into 3 tiers: Awareness, Retargeting, and Follow-Up.

Step 1: Awareness

This step focuses on increasing your brand’s visibility.

I suggest running video ads for cold (or mildly warm) audiences. You can create a list of potential companies to target using LinkedIn Sales Navigator.

Now we want to target people at those companies who have watched 25% or more of your video ad. This is because it shows they’re interested in what you have to offer and we can build trust and credibility with the video content.

Step 2: Retargeting

For retargeting ads, there are 3 methods that work well.

1. Offer a lead magnet or a freebie in exchange for their personal information using Lead Gen Ads (see screenshot below). They click on the lead gen form—which is auto-filled by LinkedIn—and you get access to their details.

1. Run testimonial video ads of your happy clients to establish trust, and add a call-to-action button to have them go directly to a specific page on your website to apply or book a meeting with you or someone in your team.

2. Leverage conversation ads and land directly in their DMs to strike up a meaningful conversation.

Step 3: Follow-Up

Follow-up is where the real money is made.

If you’re running Lead Gen Form ads, send out a text immediately after someone downloads your lead magnet. Later, you can integrate your CRM tool with LinkedIn to follow up further.

The goal is to stay top of mind. Follow-up helps you achieve that goal.

3. Define your target audience

There are several targeting options to choose from. You can select your target audience on the basis of: Company Size, Job Title, Location, Interests, Gender, Age, so on and so forth.

What you need to do is create an elaborate Ideal Customer Avatar. In Chapter 1 of my book 7 Steps to 7 Figures Using LinkedIn, I show exactly how to find your target customer audience. Check it out if you’re not sure what your Ideal Customer Avatar should look like.

Avoid narrow targeting in a single ad campaign. Test out 2-3 different types of audiences with the same ad and see which one performs better.

There’s no doubt about the fact that Lead Gen ads have ample potential. However, running ads is a skill you learn with practice. To see high returns on your ad spend, it’s always better to seek help from an expert or a coach.

Julbert Abraham @jabraham
Help coaches, consultants, and speakers generate 6-7 figures using LinkedIn Ads.

Tell Us Below:

Do you use LinkedIn Lead Gen ads?

1 Like