Emotional Christmas Ads

Here in the UK, we have a trend for emotional Christmas ads. The more likely they are to make you cry, the better the ad.

A small Irish pub has recreated this trend in its own ad and gone viral.

Have any Christmas ads made you cry?

Here’s a link to see it: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lv1FMf7W_E]

2 Likes

I don’t watch a lot of television these days (mostly ad free subs ) but I love it when an ad pulls the heart strings in the right way - happy tears and giving hope - especially in the current global climate.

2 Likes

I have to giggle cos the video starting playing and it was about foods that kill metabolism - watching in wee hours and i forgot to hit skip on the ad before the video ha ha .

1 Like

and yes it made me cry - loneliness is a very real problem in todays society despite our online connectivity. I just the other day had a lovely old man tip his hat and we stopped for a chat. So
much wisdom in our seniors yet often ignored. Thank you for sharing - i think i will share it too!

2 Likes

This Amazon ad has been a hit in the US

1 Like

This one is good too from Coca-Cola

1 Like
1 Like

I think Amazon totally nail it every year. They clearly want to change their brand perception from being a necessary evil to something warm and fluffy. The ad is great but it will take a while for me to feel fluffy about them.

2 Likes

Haha! Yes metabolism doesn’t pull on the heartstrings in quite the same way.

That’s such a nice interaction you both had. I was listening to The Happiness podcast with Dr Laurie Santos, and she was talking to someone about our loss of third spaces (spaces that are outside of work where we meet and have community)

It would be great to see a creation of more of these spaces for those generations that aren’t as online.

Oh my gosh, Deb! This is beautiful I hope I am a sledging granny one day.

1 Like

I love this one too! Feeling very festive now and can’t wait to shower my family with love. An excellent ad!

1 Like

Oh this is so sweet. I’m going to call my Grandma!

1 Like

I can feel fluffy…mostly because I don’t have to go to 50 stores and deal with all the crazy people! LOL I do still try and do some local shopping to support my local favorite stores too!

1 Like

Totally agree Kira! Do you know the https://redhatsociety.com/ this commercial feels like they should belong!

Haha yes, I don’t enjoy shopping at the best of times but do enjoy visiting some local stores. It’s a much nicer experience!

Oh yes! I think so too. This could totally be a commercial for them.