Do you have this feature in your FB Group? @everyone What do you think about it?

Will you be using it?

3 Likes

This is a big deal! Some people are super happy to get it. Others who are getting pinged by tons of groups are hatting it!

I think it could be useful when you want to make sure everyone sees an important announcement…BUT if it’s overused, it won’t be good!

I’ve seen tons of people commenting it’s making them realize they are in a group that they don’t care about anymore, so they are leaving!

Wish FB would just show us all group posts for the groups we belong to! By joining we already signaled we wanted to hear from people in the group!

4 Likes

I don’t think logic comes into the siloed Metaland.

3 Likes

:clap: :rofl: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I talked a lot about this during today’s Open Office Hour - @deb is there a way to add a clip from the office hour?

1 Like

All of this! Annoying since people are abusing it, but helpful to see groups I don’t care about anymore—and also, if the algorithm just showed us group updates more, fewer people would feel the need to resort to this.

Perhaps Facebook should put a limit on its use? I already think only admins can use it (I hope!), but maybe only x number of times a month or something?

2 Likes

on the screenshot it says - once a day - :frowning:

1 Like

Now that I’ve lived with it for a bit, I think the most frustrating part is that the notification says, “So-and-so MENTIONED you in a comment,” vs. “So-and-so TAGGED you in a comment.”
I think TAGGED would be a more accurate way to phrase it, and is a little less bait-y.

1 Like

it’s getting super annoying as the ones using it are for spammy self promotion sales in their groups - gr although it can highlight groups im in that i need to leave !

2 Likes