Job Title: Director, Social
Location: Universal City, CA
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Are you on the cutting edge of social media with a proven track record of building audience, engagement, video views, referral traffic, loyalty, and revenue with a passion for pop culture and entertainment news? E! News is seeking a Director of Social to manage, build and execute social media strategies on our brands, which includes E! News, Kards Katch Up, E! insider and red carpet events. A very strong sense of entertainment news, journalistic integrity, and how social media can tell stories in the entertainment news space is key. This leader will oversee a team of social media producers and social media editors and work collaboratively with editorial staff and branded entertainment teams. The ability to set KPIs, build strategies and execute those strategies to meet those goals is a must. This leader will also work with external platform leads at Meta, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, and more platforms to ensure that E! News continues its long-standing success on multi-platform and stays current as new products are released. If you love the ability to make brands even bigger and better on social media, have a high level of hustle and live for entertainment news — come join us!
- Create and execute a multi-platform social media strategy for E! News and corresponding channels including: Kards Katch Up, E! Insider, E! Live From The Red Carpet
- Manage a team of social media editors, producers to make sure all E! News editorial content is programmed across all channels, making strategic decisions about how content is programmed ie: referral links vs. native video vs. engagement posts
- Lead a 24/7 team in a fast-paced breaking news environment on a daily basis – be very comfortable with celebrity, entertainment news and lifestyle news coverage
- Analyze metrics across platforms in order to build growth-oriented KPIs for each platform
- Build a social video program for E! News that meets KPIs across platforms. The ability to identify what is performing and pivot teams creatively and on programming to reach goals is a must.
- Work directly with the Director of Editorial and News Video to ensure social referral KPIs are being met
- Manage journalistic integrity on all posts, maintaining the E! voice but also ensuring social copy is factually and grammatically correct
- Work directly with legal teams, visual clearances teams to ensure all social content is cleared for use and meets legal standards and guidelines
- Identify and execute strategies to build out audience growth and engagement
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Audience Development and Revenue to execute social media revenue strategy, earning revenue across multiple platforms
- Work in a state of constant innovation, identifying new strategies and platforms that can drive video views, audience and referral traffic to websites
- Lead creative vision for social media graphics, video templates across all platforms that feels cohesive and representative of the E! brand
- Strategize and execute community management across all platforms
- Maintain a robust social media calendar to ensure E! News is capitalizing on tentpole moments
- Identify trends, viral moments and ensure E! News social stays on the cutting edge
- Build social editorial programs for red carpet events and major tentpole events
- Collaborate with the Social Originals team for cross-promotional opportunities
- Collaborate with sales teams to conceptualize and post social media for sponsored content
- Operate as the key liaison between the E! News brand and partners at social networks – stay informed on algorithm changes, address product changes or concerns, and relay information into actionable strategies for E! News
- Maintain the tone of E! News brand
- Ability to oversee and/or ability as individual to shoot social media content at red carpet events, premieres etc
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in social media content or strategy
- Demonstrable experience creating social media strategies and executing them
- Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: pop culture expert fluent in what’s trending and always plugged in to latest conversations
- Excellent writing skills and a sharp wit - quick with a brand-appropriate social copy or pop culturally relevant social captions that align with the E! News voice
- Ability to abide by and enforce E!’s social media brand guidelines
- Experience with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Facebook Creator Studio, or in-app creative tools to create posts
- Experience with SocialFlow Dash Hudson or similar social analytics tools plus thorough understanding of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/TikTok insights
- Effective communication and experience working across multiple departments
- Excellent organization and time management skills with initiative
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within a competitive 24/7 breaking news cycle
- A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
- Flexible and has ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects managed
- Cool under pressure and a pleasant while professional demeanor, both in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
- A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
- Must love pop culture and all things entertainment news
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $115,000-$150,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.